PDA

View Full Version : recognize the edition of some minis

asura
02-09-2006, 00:41
Hi, I need help to know wich are the models from the 5th edition of warhammer (models who were not released in the 6th edition (2001 => 2006)
I think these units are from the 5th edition, can you confirm :
swordmasters of hoeth, dark raiders (is the champion from the 6th ed. ?), ghouls (there are 12 different models, are they ALL from the 5th ed ?), minotaurs, dragon ogres, white lion (I think they were not released for the 6th edition).
Can you confirm that ?
Thanks in advance, it would help me

Zink
02-09-2006, 01:03
If I remember correctly the swordmaster command and some of the models were done in 6th ed. I have a mix of both editions and they are good together. The dark riders had a different champion and standard in 5th ed. I have them and they don't look like what's available now. But the plain riders I'm not sure about. White lions also got a command in 6th ed. I don't know about the rest. If any of this is incorrect someone please correct me.

DisruptorX
02-09-2006, 01:21
Dragon Ogres are actually from 4th edition, current minotaurs from 5th. Don't know about the rest.

lorelorn
02-09-2006, 01:44
All the current ghouls are from 5th edition, the sculptor (Paul Muller) no longer works for GW.

Dark Riders are from 4th I think- they were released a couple of years after the Dark Elf book came out, so either late 4th or early 5th.

White Lions and Swordmasters are from 5th edition a far as I know. The High Elf book was redone late in 5th edition, so the figures could well date from then, as the 6th ed High Elf book came out within 2 years of the 5th ed High Elf book.

BlazeXI
02-09-2006, 12:35
Dragon Ogres are actually from 4th edition, current minotaurs from 5th. Don't know about the rest.

True. I started playing 4th edition in 1995 and they were already around for a while.

Dark Riders were released around campaign box (Tears od Isha might be the name) for High Elfes vs Dark Elfs probably 4th edition.

Ghouls, the currently available ones come from 5th edition. Paul Muller sculpts for Heresy Minis (http://www.heresyminiatures.com/) now and has similar ghouls released there. More controversial, though.

Avian
02-09-2006, 14:07
Dark Riders were released around campaign box (Tears od Isha might be the name) for High Elfes vs Dark Elfs probably 4th edition.
I believe it was early 5th edition. The HE got an updated army book around WD 209 and Tears of Isha was out for WD 220 (all UK).