PDA

View Full Version : Arhra, The Fallen Phoenix (Eldar)

Heru Talon
02-09-2006, 00:55
Who was he?

All I know of him is that he was the first Striking Scorpion Exarch, named the Father of Scorpions. Unfortunately when they had the 2d ed Codices on sale I didn't managed to get the Eldar one, so I can only go by info from the 3rd Ed Eldar Codex (which doesn't have much on him).

Was a model ever made?
Is anything else that is not mentioned in the 3rd ed Codex known about him?

Do you think they will say more about him in the 4th Ed Codex?

Khaine's Messenger
02-09-2006, 01:00
Was a model ever made?

Not of which I'm aware...there was a conversion some credit as potentially representing Arhra, but most of the times it crops up in GW publications to my knowledge it is titled as something entirely different.

He's pretty much a blank slate. Bar his potential connection to the Dark Eldar and the Incubi, there's really not that much known about him.

I don't see why.

Heru Talon
02-09-2006, 01:07
Yeah I just did a search and found those threads right after making this thread...

The model your thinking of featured in White Dwarf at one point I believe, the person who made it, made it to represent the Fallen Phoenix, but later made it a Chaos Lord since it looked so good with his Chaos army.

Anyways perhaps a mod should close this thread now.

DantesInferno
02-09-2006, 01:31
Who was he?

All I know of him is that he was the first Striking Scorpion Exarch, named the Father of Scorpions. Unfortunately when they had the 2d ed Codices on sale I didn't managed to get the Eldar one, so I can only go by info from the 3rd Ed Eldar Codex (which doesn't have much on him).

Was a model ever made?

2nd ed eldar codex referred to him as the Fallen Phoenix, who 'burned with the dark light of Chaos' (rough quote), and fled after a fight with Kahrandras . 3rd ed strongly hints that instead of falling to Chaos, he arrived in Commorragh and became the head of the Incubi.

EDIT: As KM said.

ryng_sting
02-09-2006, 11:53
Sabretooth did a picture of Arhra for one of their games. He looked like an insect. His eyes were orange and his armour was turqoise and very very spiky. The fluff strongly implies he founded the Incubi. The Striking Scorpions certainly loathe them and refer to them as 'fallen'. Their helmet-blaster technology is similar to that of Scorpions.

Dat Wildboy
02-09-2006, 12:33
in the back of the dark eldar codex in the story of some striking scorpians fighting some incubi they are described as 'the children of the dark father.' strongly suggesting he founded the incubi.

Achilles
02-09-2006, 13:27
Why did he fall though?

Xisor
02-09-2006, 14:47
Why did he fall though?

Banana skin?

The pestilent 1
02-09-2006, 15:40
Why did he fall though?

Tempted by the whispers of Choas as many are.

Havoc
02-09-2006, 15:49
Ahra did found the Incubi temple in commaragh, I heard somewhere that Drazhar killed him to become head of the temple but who knows.

Heru Talon
02-09-2006, 16:05
Ahra did found the Incubi temple in commaragh, I heard somewhere that Drazhar killed him to become head of the temple but who knows.

Having done some research I've found the Arhra is most likely the Shadow Lord mentioned in Drazhar's fluff, and Drazhar is actually mainly the Shadow Lord's bodyguard.

I am also led to believe that Arhra might be the Shadowy figure in the background of Drazhar's picture in the Dark Eldar codex.

I've actually tried to find the image by Sabertooth which is different from the possible in the DE codex, but I've had no luck at all. :(

What I hope is that when GW finally get their head out of the place that the sun doesn't shine, and redo the Dark Eldar Codex, that they add Arhra as a proper character and make a model for him.

Vmartini
02-09-2006, 16:44
Its worth pointing out that if Ahra is a pheonix lord then he will probably share their reincarnation through the armour, meaning that if he is killed and the killer takes his armour Ahra's spirit will live on in the armour. With the Craftworld Pheonic Lords, the Spirits of past wearers are all Exarchs from the same path, and therefore all think in pretty similer ways. What are the chances that all the spirits in Ahra's armour agree, or even like being with each other?

Dais
02-09-2006, 16:53
on the other hand, as a dark eldar, the new wearer may just take the knowledge and drain the last soul for himself, especially if they didnt get along. kind of like after you win the mental battle you have to wage a mental battle.
or maybe hes just looney with dozens of voices and personalities all trying to be top dog. and whoever cant keep up gets canabalized by stronger spirits.

Captain Gawain
02-09-2006, 18:17
that could make for some interesting in-game rules...

anyhoo, i like the idea of a dark eldar character who wages a constant war with the voices in his head, each seeking to control the current wearer to complete ambitions not acheived...pretty narrative.

BrainFireBob
02-09-2006, 18:39
If one would like to recall the incubi fluff:

The Incubi practice a ranking system based on the challenge. Two incubi fight to the death, and the winner takes the loser's armor.

Meaning if Arhra has "died," his armor would be claimed by one of his Incubi lieutenants- and BAM, there's Arhra.

The Incubi, I seem to recall, have some belief that they can achieve immortality by perfecting their martial skills.

Short version: They're a Dark Eldar "Path" lifestyle. Perhaps they think the head of their "temple" is immune to Slaanesh, so seek to become the head- which they may or may not know means merging and becoming part of a Phoenix Lord.

My question: Did Arhra betray the first shrine to Daemons, or to "Dark Kin?"

The pestilent 1
02-09-2006, 19:43
Meaning if Arhra has "died," his armor would be claimed by one of his Incubi lieutenants- and BAM, there's Arhra.

Bear in mind that Ahra is a Phoenix lord.
Ring any bells to anyone? :evilgrin: