PDA

View Full Version : High Elves 2000 Points

Indrid Khold
02-09-2006, 05:18
I used to play WFB quite a bit back in the edition before the edition that was before the edition that's about to come out .... :eyebrows: .... 5th, I guess?

Anyway, I was just talking to some folks in my local GW store and they got me thinking I should dust off my old High Elves army. The only trouble is that I don't feel like I have a good grasp on how the game works these days, due to forgetfulness and ignorance of most of the newer army books (and by "new" I mean "everything after Dwarves").

So here's the 2000 point list I was able to whip up based on the models I have (is 2000 even the standard size anymore?). Any thoughts would be appreciated:

Lord

Prince: Hand Weapon, Lance, Heavy Armor, Shield, Barded Steed, Lion Guard, Pure of Heart, Vambraces of Defense: 266

Heroes:

Level 2 Mage: Hand Weapon, Silver Wand, Dispel Scroll: 160

Level 2 Mage: Hand Weapon, Barded Steed, Silver Wand, Power Stone: 177 [NOTE: Am I even allowed to give 2 mages the Silver Wand? I can't recall and I can't find my rulebook anywhere. Sorry to seem an idiot.]

Core:

9 Silver Helms: Hand Weapons, Lances, Heavy Armor, Shields, Barded Steeds, Standard Bearer, Musician: 228

15 Spearmen: Hand Weapons, Spears, Light Armor, Shields, Standard Bearer, Musician, Champion: 195

15 Spearmen: Hand Weapons, Spears, Light Armor, Shields, Standard Bearer, Musician, Champion: 195

16 Archers: Hand Weapons, Longbows, Standard Bearer, Musician, Champion: 222

Special

15 White Lions of Chrace: Hand Weapons, Great Axes, Light Armor, Lion Cloaks, Musician, Standard Bearer, Guardian with Helm of Fortune: 255

Rare:

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers: 200

2 Great Eagles: Talons: 100

Total: 1998

NOTE: I used to get a lot of flack for including the White Lions back when I played, and in retrospect I probably should've used Swordmaters instead. But I have the models for the WL, and I'm loathe to shell out any cash buying new stuff. Are White Lions really that terrible? They used to do me proud back in the olden days.

Ogrre
02-09-2006, 18:32
looks good like the white lions best he infantry unit imo

Indrid Khold
03-09-2006, 01:15
Why thank you.

Anyone else? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

What about the mages? Is 2 excessive? Should I axe on and add a Battle Standard, or maybe more Silver Helms?

DirtJumper
03-09-2006, 03:13
2 Mages is pretty standard, even for a non-magic oriented lists, and it is definatly expected with Elves. Looks like a solid list. and yes, 2000 is still the tournament standard

leeoaks
03-09-2006, 17:48
nice list...would be fun to play against!

Tobias
03-09-2006, 18:11
Level 2 Mage: Hand Weapon, Silver Wand, Dispel Scroll: 160

Level 2 Mage: Hand Weapon, Barded Steed, Silver Wand, Power Stone: 177 [NOTE: Am I even allowed to give 2 mages the Silver Wand? I can't recall and I can't find my rulebook anywhere. Sorry to seem an idiot.]

no can't put him on foot, and give him jewel and ring of fury.

Core:

9 Silver Helms: Hand Weapons, Lances, Heavy Armor, Shields, Barded Steeds, Standard Bearer, Musician: 228

16 Archers: Hand Weapons, Longbows, Standard Bearer, Musician, Champion: 222

Lose command and 6 archers from the archers and make your other units bigger.

Also I'd suggest to drop the prince for a Command with lionguard, much cheaper.

Maybe add chariot :)