PDA

View Full Version : adeptus mechanicus

Swifty
02-09-2006, 17:16
I have just started an adeptus mechanicus based imperial guard army that hopefully when finished will be about 1500pts+. so far i have finished converting my first 10 basic guard and started colour testing (more pics this afternoon hopefully) i am just about to start command squad with heavy weapons and special weapons aswell.

I have converted the basic guys out of high elf archer legs with cadian torso and arms with the new vansaar heads with sculpted hoods on so they all look like mini techpriests so far they are looking pretty nice (if i do say so myself)

Though this is not why i am here, i am here for insperation from all you guys i have alot of conversion ideas already and want more, so feel free to send ideas this way for adeptus mechanicus themed ideas no matter how wacky though alot of my army is based on old citadel minatures. also if anyone has any colour schemes tht isnt red as i cant paint red (i know i should practice but i find it so tedious lol) at the moment im going for a brown robe with bone armour. so suggestions welcome plz...

t-tauri
02-09-2006, 19:04
This thread should really be in modelling, painting and terrain. AM troops really need to be red as that's the signature colour. Nice figure.

Wintermute
02-09-2006, 19:57
I've moved this thread to Project Logs.

Wintermute

UnRiggable
02-09-2006, 21:21
Those would make great stormtroopers

EmperorsChamp01
03-09-2006, 04:13
Good job on the Conversion. The Cloak looks a little Dark to be Ad Mec. dont they ususally have red robes with the White Clog Trim?

prometheus
30-09-2006, 02:12
yes they would have red cloaks with white trim...but that looks like a red brown...maybe lower ranks may not wear the "color of the omnissiah"...eh...well it sounds good anyways...i have made a squad of very similar figures but am no good with green stuff so i used the vox heads & backpacks to make them look a little more high techy...the rest is the same though...i cant tell from the pic but what did you do to get rid of the pointy shoes of the elves...putty em up or just file them?...