PDA

View Full Version : New plastic dwarf (not those from BftSp)

asura
02-09-2006, 17:18
Hi, I have never seen the recent plastic dwarf in reallity. I saw them only on pics and I have the impression that they are not very good detailed (but it's maybe only an impression). Those who have them, and who have painted some of them, what are you thinking about the quality of these recent plastic dwarfs (warrior and crossbowman) ? Are they detailed such the beastmen, lizardmen, chaos warriors and other "great looking" plastic minis ?
Do you dont think that they are to static?
After all, just for the look, what do you prefear : great weapons or basic weapon and shield ?
And for the crossbowmen, which weapon do you prefear ?

thanks for your advises and for discuss about this plastic box.

lord_blackfang
02-09-2006, 17:55
It's a bit strange. I think they're very well detailed, but also very static. Kinda like Chaos Warriors.

maze ironheart
02-09-2006, 18:06
Hi, I have never seen the recent plastic dwarf in reallity. I saw them only on pics and I have the impression that they are not very good detailed (but it's maybe only an impression). Those who have them, and who have painted some of them, what are you thinking about the quality of these recent plastic dwarfs (warrior and crossbowman) ? Are they detailed such the beastmen, lizardmen, chaos warriors and other "great looking" plastic minis ?
Do you dont think that they are to static?
After all, just for the look, what do you prefear : great weapons or basic weapon and shield ?
And for the crossbowmen, which weapon do you prefear ?

thanks for your advises and for discuss about this plastic box.

Their alright but the only down side is that you have to paint them in bits rather then assembled which is quite ashame.Because i like to assemble them then spray them then paint them its because their detail is hidden when they are assembled and it makes it looks strange when you can't paint an area because some thing is in the way as for other models i can paint them assembled.

asura
02-09-2006, 22:27
a lot of minis are such this : you need to paint them un assembled to paint the area you want.
Otherwise, wich weapons do you prefear (or do you like both) ?
Is the dwarf plastic multipart box one of the best multipart plastic box ? Are the sculpt of the weapons good, or are they not very detailed ?

ZomboCom
02-09-2006, 22:31
They're both a hell of better than the old "giant hands" dwarf boxest.

They're decent quality, nothing amazing, but solid, good work. Very detailed, but the biggest downside is that the torso and head are one piece.

asura
03-09-2006, 09:32
I have the impression that the plastic boxes come with "one part" models, like chaos warrior, dwarf, or the new night boblins. Even the lizardmen are static.
What are you thinking about this ? Look at the men at arms, they're all static and look all similar...

Alfginnar Oakenshield
03-09-2006, 10:56
The 'new' plastic dwarfs certainly are a lot (!) better than the sack-o-potatoes-with-hamsized-fists ones that we had in the 6th ed.
They are quite detailed an characterful, but also quite difficult to paint.

Why? Because the cloth areas are very smooth. There is little folds in them which result in that you will have to blend in order to make it look good. Of course, if you are a skilled painter it shouldn't be a problem...

AO

zak
03-09-2006, 11:03
The new plastic dwarfs are the best they have produced. However, to date there hasn't really been a great deal of competition.

maze ironheart
03-09-2006, 17:57
The new plastic dwarfs are the best they have produced. However, to date there hasn't really been a great deal of competition.

I do agree they are one of the best models i also think that chaos worriors are a good plastic models aswell.