PDA

View Full Version : I want to start this game please help.

InferiorGuard
02-09-2006, 20:24
I currently have enough to buy the new lotr starter and have 20 $ left over. I had a question is it a good idea to buy the new one if i have the fellowship and the return of the kings boxes. are there much changes to the rules.

also could somone tell me what kind of force i could pull together with that money?

Pertinax
03-09-2006, 09:08
You should pick up the Mines of Moria set, as it not only contains the rule book, but 24 goblins and a troll. Then you get the current rules, and a good start to a Moria army.

You can convert out one or two catpains from the plastics, either by swapping weapons, or just a different paint job.

You could then use your cash to either get a shaman, the goblin king, and maybe some batswarms (although their rules are in the Shadows of the East suppliment).

That should give you a good building block to learn the game with, and to start playing an OK points match game.

Neknoh
03-09-2006, 10:09
The Batswarms are in the Fall Of The Necromancer supplement Perti :p

Now, for the original poster, is there any army you favour in perticular? Mordor, Easterlings, Moria, Khand, Desert (gah, can't remember name!), Isengard, angmar? High Elves, Wood Elves, Minas Tirith, Rohan, Shire, Dunedain, Rangers, Mithlond?

Killshot
03-09-2006, 15:03
Does GW still sell the boxed set with Goblins, High Elves and Men? That would be a good purchase, allowing for two 'armies."

Pertinax
03-09-2006, 15:22

Now, for the original poster, is there any army you favour in perticular? Mordor, Easterlings, Moria, Khand, Desert (gah, can't remember name!), Isengard, angmar? High Elves, Wood Elves, Minas Tirith, Rohan, Shire, Dunedain, Rangers, Mithlond?

Doh. Of course.

You know when you get to my age, things start getting a bit mixed up sometimes...

Now, you really don't want to play another Space Marine army....

:)

SON OF LION
05-09-2006, 04:27
Not too many changes to the rules but if there is no one in your gaming group with it, I'd recommend buying it.

Which aspects of the game are you most interested in?

Scenarios?
Path of the fellowship?
Battle games?
Painting?
Collecting?

Once you sort out what you are after, go from there.

Assuming you are after the battle games, decide on what kind of a force you'd like. GW are putting out big boxes very soon of many of the popular forces. If you have the cash, they are a good starting point. If you're not too sure what force to get, then have a look at your local store's copy of legions of middle earth for some basic ideas. There might be something there that captures your imagination.

Gearux
10-09-2006, 04:52

You forgot Dwarf:D