PDA

View Full Version : Vent...

BloodHawk
03-09-2006, 20:14
Ok, so I just had to tell someone who would understand about this. I am new to Warhammer Fantasy and have decided to collect and play the Empire. I have been planning on buying an Empire Battalion box set and have been watching one on E-bay for a week now. The auction was ending this morning at 10:00 am. I got up and looked at the price which was at 36.00$ with 5.00$ shipping.

I was planning on bidding about 75$ because I figured if it cost me 80$ with shipping I was still saving about 20$. When I bid on E-bay I always wait till about 15 seconds left in the auction and place my high bid. I have never lost an auction doing this.

SO, I go into the auction and keep refreshing my internet page till there is 15 seconds left. I type in my bid of 75$ and click place bid....NOTHING HAPPENS...I refresh my page and my internet explorer says the page cannot be displayed...So, to make a long story short I missed out on a 50$ empire battalion box because my DSL, which by the way has never gone out before, decides it's going to randomly going to shut down. Well thanks for reading my vent and hopefully you have some sympathetic works for me.. :(

DeathMasterSnikch
03-09-2006, 20:18
Feel sorry for you :(

I've done the same thing and missed out on a £31 WHQ! The one I ended up getting has cost me £91...

*Gives sympathy*

Brimstone
03-09-2006, 20:19
Ah the perils of sniping, if you have a max price you should have just put that in earlier and see what happened, if you lose then just try another.

I'm not saying sniping is a bad thing but it sometimes backfires.

BTW you may want to wait a little while as new Empire models are due out and you'll either be able to buy new models or pick up the older ones cheaper.

Mephistofeles
03-09-2006, 20:25
To say some words of comfort: It might as well have been the best thing that could happen! The new models are out in some months, and wether you want those or the old ones (don't ask me why you would want the old ones, some nostalgia perhaps) thenyou will be able to get either the new ones for a fair price, or the old ones for a REALLY fair price!

Patience is the key.

lord_blackfang
03-09-2006, 20:34
It happens to me often. My computer and ISP always seem to know when I'm trying to snipe.

Such is the nature of sniping. You want the benefits, accept the risks.

^DrAgOn^
04-09-2006, 02:13
Try using a internet based sniper site, you can get free "snipes" on most and they work great!

rhodeman77
04-09-2006, 04:49
Try using a internet based sniper site, you can get free "snipes" on most and they work great!

what sites are these? I am always tracking several auctions and usually forget to bid on most of them. it would be geat to have a tool to put my max bid in at the last second.

DragonPup
04-09-2006, 04:57
I would never trust any site with my ebay password. :p

And also consider The War Store (http://www.thewarstore.net/) if you are in the US. They have really nice deals(20% off all things GW) and shipping is very reasonable.

Z-chan
04-09-2006, 06:11
Seconded on WarStore. I gave up on Ebay a long tme ago, as its really hit or miss and I don't like the frustration from lost bids.

Lordsaradain
04-09-2006, 15:30
I'd wait for the new empire armydeal which should be released around christmas. That's what I'm gonna do.

^DrAgOn^
04-09-2006, 23:23
what sites are these? I am always tracking several auctions and usually forget to bid on most of them. it would be geat to have a tool to put my max bid in at the last second.

I use www.bidnip.com but really just try searching for "Ebay sniper" on ebay since most give "Free snipes" to begin with.