PDA

View Full Version : Personality of the Primarchs!

Gotreksbrother
03-09-2006, 22:28
How would you describe the most predominant personality trait in each primarch before the Heresy broke out.

Example

Alpharius: Practical

Angron: Ill tempered

Corax: Cautious

Dorn: Blunt

El Johnson: Secluded

Fulgrim: Arrogant

Guilliman: Structured

Horus: Charismatic

Kahn: Fierce

Kurze: Sinister

Lorgar: Commited

Magnus: Considered

Manus: Single-minded

Mortarion: Staunch

Perturabo: Proud

Russ: Impulsive

Sanguinius: Compassionate

Vulkan: Thoughtful

Cheers, GB

cav da man
03-09-2006, 22:29
is there much more to say?

Wraithbored
03-09-2006, 22:30
We need an enthusiastic primarch

cybertron2000uk
03-09-2006, 22:36
the deleted one...lol

Kage2020
03-09-2006, 22:48
Are we sure? What about an apathetic one? Erm, maybe. :rolleyes: ;)

Kage

Melchor
03-09-2006, 22:59
Apathetic one? That would explain one of the deleted ones then. Never even bothered...

Kage2020
03-09-2006, 23:15
Exactly. After seeing his brother destroyed by the spectral Horus, the twentieth Primarch merely went, "Ah to hell with this contrived material. I'm going for a beer in a different game universe..." ;)

Kage

Norminator
04-09-2006, 00:00
Maybe he was apathetic because he landed on an apathetic world? They couldn't be bothered to name his something impressive so they called him Bob.

Bob the Primarch.

Should have guessed really :rolleyes:

Indrid Khold
04-09-2006, 00:08
Exactly. After seeing his brother destroyed by the spectral Horus, the twentieth Primarch merely went, "Ah to hell with this contrived material. I'm going for a beer in a different game universe..." ;)

Kage

And that, children, is the origin of Sigmar. ;)

Melchor
04-09-2006, 00:14
He did look bored in that picture to be honest.

Wazzahamma
04-09-2006, 00:19
I'd disagree with 'pride' for Perturabo, because it does seem like he humbly put up with disrespectful and inconsiderate treatment from the Emperor and the Imperium for hundreds of years. He always obeyed his orders, despite never being given any credit or glory (while it was heaped on his fellow primarchs). He watched his legion split into garrisons and fight and die for less reward than others. Yes, he reacted badly to Dorn being awarded the honour of fortifying Terra, but I think that was more the straw that broke the camel's back. Pride became a factor at some point, but I don't think he was a glory seeker in the same way that Horus was.

I like 'thoughtful' for Vulkan though, since he's quite a hard primarch to pin down.

Here's a post of mine that I shift aroudn the baords whenever a question like this comes up. It's been said that each Primarch was created to embody a different aspect of the Emperor, and this is a list of my opinions on who represented what. Some of them are quite similar to yours.

Angron: Agression
Curze: Courage
Alpharius: Ingenuity
Roboute: Loyalty
Lorgar: Faith
Mortarion: Resolution
Magnus: Comprehension
Horus: Ambition
Ferrus: Strength
Sanguinius: Spirit
Corax: Caution
Jaghatai: Action
Russ: Passion
Perturabo: Invention
Dorn: Honour
The Lion: Reason
Fulgrim: Purity
Vulcan: Determination

Of course, these are their ideals at their best, most Primarchs came to represent the darker sides of these virtues as well. Kurze's courage became terror/fear, Horus' ambition became domination, Fulgrim's purity became perversion. Even the loyalists had moments where their values became darker: Dorn fell to pride, Russ to fury, Corax to desperation, The Lion to apathy, etc.

Kage2020
04-09-2006, 00:53
Maybe he was apathetic because he landed on an apathetic world? They couldn't be bothered to name his something impressive so they called him Bob.

Bob the Primarch.

Should have guessed really :rolleyes:
Perhaps his "homeworld" was Planet Bob, from, Titan AE!? ;)

Kage

Norminator
04-09-2006, 00:57
Perhaps his "homeworld" was Planet Bob, from, Titan AE!? ;)

Kage

:eek:

Suddenly it makes so much sense.