PDA

View Full Version : Ork Warboss and others in Advance Order

FLUEVOG
04-09-2006, 13:47
I apologize if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it in the other posts. There's a whole bunch of O&G Advanced Orders on the UK Website, including the O&G Battalion, Warboss, Shaman and Spider Rider boxes.

Here's a link to the Warboss, dig all those options:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=258652

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=258653

Fluevog

truthsayer
04-09-2006, 16:36
Im getting the armybox and that warboss on foot with the shield and axe is mine! At last a decent bsb on boar!

nagash42
05-09-2006, 07:29
Ooo nice battalion box i've already got a blister of night gobbo wizards and one troll so that box plus what i'll get in the new edition box should tide me over till the night gobbo leaders come out.

That armored BSB on foot just looks cool need him to.

Chuffy
05-09-2006, 09:28
Im getting the armybox and that warboss on foot with the shield and axe is mine! At last a decent bsb on boar!

But the army box is a terrible deal.

You can buy everything seperately for 16 less.

UltimateNagash
05-09-2006, 09:54
But the army box is a terrible deal.

You can buy everything seperately for 16 less.

Actually no:
Army Book: 12
Warboss: 12
5 Regiments each 18: 72
Chariot: 15
10 Black orcs: 30
141+Goblin Hero and Orc Shaman
2 Goblin Heroes equal 7, so one is 3.50
That makes 144.50
Then you have the Orc Shaman.
So, although not a great deal, it is still cheaper.

Sorry Chuffy, but you're wrong.

truthsayer
05-09-2006, 09:57
I only want the book! ha ha just kidding. i want the wolves, the borcs, the orcs and the night goblins for the numbers (with my bfsp) and the nets. The chariot and im gonna sell the limited shaman.

So therefore i want it all..

UltimateNagash
05-09-2006, 10:05
I haven't decided yet how I'm going to make my Warboss. Mounted or unmounted. That is the question.
For an actual Orc Warband though, would a Warboss on pig be more important than one on foot?
Truthsayer, what's a bfsp? Is it fanatics or something?
Oh, and before anyone says anything, I have no connection with GW at all apart from me buying their products. I don't work for them at all.

Milgram
05-09-2006, 10:40
bfsp -> battle for skull pass

mounted will probably the better choice as you can 'hide' them in units and get +2 armor.

The Judge
05-09-2006, 11:04
The new rule where a character on steed can be added to a unit without penalty... maybe seeing some exploitation of that rule, if only for the extra save.

Avian
05-09-2006, 11:07
The new rule where a character on steed can be added to a unit without penalty... maybe seeing some exploitation of that rule, if only for the extra save.
I don't get it. Is that not similar to people "exploiting" the armour save rule by buying good armour? :eyebrows:

UltimateNagash
05-09-2006, 12:02
bfsp -> battle for skull pass

mounted will probably the better choice as you can 'hide' them in units and get +2 armor.

Ohh! Me is thicky!

Iron Buddha
05-09-2006, 15:42
do you mean that mounted characters can be added to unmounted units?

and i plan on getting the army box, because in the US one you basicly get the armybook and the warboss for free.

Chuffy
05-09-2006, 15:57
Actually no:
Army Book: 12
Warboss: 12
5 Regiments each 18: 72
Chariot: 15
10 Black orcs: 30
141+Goblin Hero and Orc Shaman
2 Goblin Heroes equal 7, so one is 3.50
That makes 144.50
Then you have the Orc Shaman.
So, although not a great deal, it is still cheaper.

Sorry Chuffy, but you're wrong.

Fair enough, but you've either mistyped or made a huge error in your calculations. 18x5 does not equal 72.;)

UltimateNagash
05-09-2006, 15:59
Fair enough, but you've either mistyped or made a huge error in your calculations. 18x5 does not equal 72.;)

No, it's an error. It's meant to say 4 x 18. Sorry, counted units wrong at first.

namarie
07-09-2006, 09:20
do you mean that mounted characters can be added to unmounted units?

As far as I remember, it has been this way also on 6th edition... you can always add a character to a unit (Exc. flyer units I think), may it be an empire general on horse on your spearman, or a liz saurus BSB into a unit of kroxis... or a Carnosaur on a cold ones unit...

.-: Namarie :-.

sodapopinski
07-09-2006, 13:55
the difference is that when they joined they could be targeted by missile fire, now they cant, so there seems to be almost no reason to field unmounted characters since they have less armor and less movement to charge out of the unit to help another charge, and they get no benefit for being on foot (except the 360 degree sightline)

namarie
07-09-2006, 14:02
the difference is that when they joined they could be targeted by missile fire, now they cant, so there seems to be almost no reason to field unmounted characters since they have less armor and less movement to charge out of the unit to help another charge, and they get no benefit for being on foot (except the 360 degree sightline)

I know ^_^

I also fielded mounted characters (mounted empire general) on foot units. It was a good reason for my enemies to fire him with all they have, so the unit reached the battle line almost at 100% :)

I'll keep on doin' it now. More US, more armour, few points... and now can't be fired. I like it, but I'll have to look for another thing to be fired :evilgrin:

.-: Namarie:-.