PDA

View Full Version : A Bretonnian Blood Dragon army

kris.sherriff
04-09-2006, 18:05
Hi all.
I have been meanning to get back in to fantasy for a while now and have found it a strugle. I think the reason was because of the lack of effort I put in to my armies. Don't get me wrong I used to paint them to the best of my abillity and all that but when its rank upon rank of the same old plastics it gets repetattive.

So my cunning plan is do a fully converted undead army. Theame it around a Bretonnion blood dragon vamp and see how I get on with that.
I was going to make two army lists to use as I could not resist the thought of a blooddragon lord on a zombie dragon but in 2k thats a little much. So I have my fun dragon list and am working on a more ballanced list as we speak.
(saying that my Lord on dragon list is undefeated in 3 games now after facing empire, dwalves and a nurgle army)

Anyway on with the log, sofar I have converted 20 skelitons in light armour with hand weapon and shields.
I am planning on painting them this week but here is a pic of the first few I knocked out.
I am also working on my lord as he is going to take a lot of work to get right but thats about it for now.

kris.sherriff
04-09-2006, 18:30
First 5 skellies

dave is the best
04-09-2006, 19:06
cool verry nice

Suicide Messiah
04-09-2006, 19:12
Lol. I painted that mini in the background today. I love those old metal skellies they have so much character. Are you including any in your army?

The conversions are looking cool. Especially the guy with the mace.

Hideous Loon
04-09-2006, 19:52
If he has any sense, the old (and be-eeh-ay-you-tiful) Armoured Skeleton Halberdiers will be the Grave Guards.

Your Skellies look sweet, and with a degree of detailing that is far more than mine.

kris.sherriff
04-09-2006, 20:43
Would that be these or the old warhammer quest ones? I am thinking of using these as a base for a second unit of skellies and have other ideas for my grave guard.
Watch this space.

Rabid Bunny 666
04-09-2006, 20:45
Those are the ones he meant, the skellies look cool so far

beefpizza
04-09-2006, 22:07
cool! I like!:D

unwanted
05-09-2006, 00:18
My brother did this too, and they look great next to a stock Bret lord, the one with dragons all over his armour ;)

kris.sherriff
05-09-2006, 00:46
I have big plans for the lord, am just waiting for all the bits to arrive.

Scorpio
05-09-2006, 03:44
Big plans? Ohhh i'm staying tuned just for him. I have never liked fantasy warhammer as much as 40k(not really sure why) but these guys should look cool.

-Scorpio

kris.sherriff
05-09-2006, 08:00
This is a first atempt at a black night not to sure about him yet will see what else I can come up with.

Animerik
05-09-2006, 09:04
Looks great Im looking forward to seeing more of this stuff, very insperational

Lab Monkey
05-09-2006, 09:27
Give some of those (mounted) skellies chainmail hoods, they look so *******' awesome on skeletons and zombies..

Keep up the good work!

Sojourner
05-09-2006, 10:36
Those skellie halberdiers were warhammer quest?

Wow. I remember seeing them in WD before the turn of the millennium as WFB models - the generation before the previous one to now. Thought they looked good even then.

Jedi152
05-09-2006, 11:07
Nope they were standard WFB.

Looking good Kris, keep it up. And remember to keep posting pics!

The boyz
05-09-2006, 11:19
Looking good so far Kris.sheriff. I like the conversion work on both the skellies and the Black knight chap. Look forward to seeing some more updates.

god octo
05-09-2006, 11:33
oooow, pretty. i like the black khights- they look better then GW's

Suicide Messiah
05-09-2006, 16:35
I second the chainmail hood idea.

The knight looks good but maybe try and make the horse look more dead.

75hastings69
05-09-2006, 18:59
This is a first atempt at a black night not to sure about him yet will see what else I can come up with.

Did you see the pics of the black knights I did? I did exactly the same when Bretonnians were released. I found it pretty cool to cut a piece out of the back of the horses neck and insert a part of the skeletal steed spine, looks pretty cool. I mounted my lord (BD) on a Winged Nightmare (which is an undead Pegasus!!!) I will post pics when I get back home.

Everything looking cool so far, good luck with the project (I must finish the painting of mine!!) I will be watching with interest.

Steve

kris.sherriff
05-09-2006, 22:21
Sorry, should have said that you should ignore the horse for the moment as I have about three other things I want to try. I will see which one turns out the best.
I am currently working on the base for my Zombie Dragon and the torso/Head for the lord. Waiting for the bits I ordered last night to get here and I should be able to finish him off.
Am not going to do any more Units for now as I don't need to rush it as I have my standard undead army to fill in and am just going to sub out units as I make them.
I played my forth game with my list tonight. Played a magic heavy tzeench Beast man army. Though I was going to struggle against his magic but managed a win all he had left was a shagoth and I had only lost my ghouls and my two units of knights.
I am going to start painting the skellies tomorrow and will hopefully have the bits to finish my lord by the weekend.

Oh anyone got any ideas what I could use for ghouls? They are the only thing in my army that I don't think fit at the monument?
I have got one idea for them which has literally just popped in to my head but would like to see if you guys come up with anything.

Khrangar
05-09-2006, 23:19
How about inprisoned peasants, or whatever, that have been kept alive and forced to live off the flesh of other prisoners in order to survive. They'd have beat up clothes and look very sickly, almost zombie like, but they'd being to crave human flesh and eventually become slaves to the duke who made them what they are.

Or something like that.

kris.sherriff
07-09-2006, 00:38
Hi all.
Just some very wip pics of my dragon and my lord. I am still waiting for the front legs to arive for the dragon but have got the pose for it sorted now and my lord has since had a leg swap and his cloak removed then re made using green stuff, just need to rotate and re position his left arm slightly to hold some rains and give him a shield and he is ready for undercoating.

75hastings69
07-09-2006, 07:41
Looking VERY nice, what dragon did you use, as I think that one is going to look awesome!!

HiredSword.
07-09-2006, 08:44
i love the theme running through all the models so far, and that lord is going to look particularily good. Just one question, where's the rest of the dragon (as in wing and head)?

kris.sherriff
09-09-2006, 19:55
Hi all,
Just a small update no the work I have done on the dragon and lord.
Lord has had the leg swap done and has had the basic green-stuffing finished. I also found a lance I like more than to the one I made. All I need to do to finish him is drill his hand through to put his rains for the dragon on and put a shield on his forearm.
The dragon has had the head repositioned and the rear legs moved slightly to give a different pose. I am just waiting for the front legs to arrive to finish it off and then I can bring them both together.

sillywopper
28-11-2006, 08:35
any progress at all in this??????

kris.sherriff
29-11-2006, 17:36
any progress at all in this??????

Hi all,
Sorry I havn't made much progress but I was waiting for some bits to arive for about 3 weeks and the I have been away with work and doing some painting for other people. I am sure you all know how it is.
At the moment I have built my first 20 skelies and have them undercoated ready for painting and have all the bits for my lord, a test ghoul anda few other bits and bobs.
I am planning on doing some work on them this weekend so hopefully I should have a couple of trile paint scheams for everyone to look at.
Kris:skull:

sillywopper
29-11-2006, 17:48
:d :d :d :d

Arhalien
29-11-2006, 17:48
Very nice dragon, I can't wait to see more!

kris.sherriff
05-01-2007, 14:21
Ok so I have finaly moved house so hopefully will be getting more work done on this army.
I have made some progress on the dragon and the Lord is ready for painting now aswell.