PDA

View Full Version : arcane items...limit?

yohanes13
04-09-2006, 23:21
is there a limit to how many arcane items a wisard may take?

the anti santa
05-09-2006, 08:19
Yes he can have only 1 except scrolls and powerstones, also some armies allow you to take multiples of other items, such as skaven with warpstone tokens.

So you can have 1 arcane item + as many dispel scrolls and powerstones as your charcacter can afford.

Jedi152
05-09-2006, 08:37
You can only have one of any MI 'category', with a few special exceptions like powerstone, dispel scroll and warpstone tokens etc.

I think you can take muliple common MI's too.

chivalrous
05-09-2006, 10:05

If what you mean by this is that you can take more than one of a specific common magic item, I'm afraid you're mistaken.
You may not take more than one war banner/sword of might/enchanted shield etc. in a single army.
In fact the only items where you are allowed to take more than one specifically state that in the description.

the 'Common' in 'Common Magic Items' just refers to the fact that the items are available to every army (with certain exceptions)

Shaitan
05-09-2006, 10:15
Do you mean that the enchanted shield+sword of might is an illegal combo for a lord/heroe?

Pravus
05-09-2006, 10:28
This is rapidly drifting into the rules forum but no that combination is legal, but two heros in the same army both with a sword of might isn't.

truthsayer
05-09-2006, 10:41

My regular opponent phoned mail order and asked that and they said you could take as many war banners as you have magic banner slots.

I refused to play against the Bret army that followed.

eldrak
05-09-2006, 10:51
You sure that's what they told him and since when can the mail order people overrule the printed rules?

The only army allowed to have multiple "war banners" are the dwarfs.

Pravus
05-09-2006, 11:16
*ring-ring* Hi there GW Mail Order!

Yes - I've just been in a geography lesson and apparently the Earth is round - is that right?

Well according to our FAQ its flat, so I think your Mr-Know-It-All-Geography-Teacher needs to check his rules book ...

You mean text book?

That what I said; Its all explained in Chronicles 2004.

Eh? I thought you said the rulesbook?

Don't question me minion; I can buy plastic sprues at weight therefore I am teh PwnZ00r!!

You're just a clueless arsewit aren't you?

Nope, according to the FAQ I'm a helpful member of a fun-fun-fun organisation and .... *GAWP* - quick call an ambulance, I've forgotten how to breath *THUMP* ... *beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep*

The only reason to contact mail order is to order something. Even then I'd suggest you're better off using that there interweb or even ordering through your local store.

WLBjork
05-09-2006, 12:15
The only army allowed to have multiple "war banners" are the dwarfs.

Yep, and even then there are limits!