PDA

View Full Version : Anything new for Craftworlds?

Brother Muninn
05-09-2006, 01:14
We've been hearing some great news and rumors from those who've gotten a good glimpse of the new Eldar book, but I've yet to hear anything more on additional craftworlds, particularly Altansar.

Another craftworld, Telennar, had it's debut in a White Dwarf, but little else is known about them other than their color scheme (Orange & Black, OSU colors, nice). I'd be interested in finding out whether or not there will be any more additions to the printed Craftworld lists.

My particular interest lies in the potential activity of Altansar though. We know that the craftworld escaped the Eye of Terror during the EoT campaign, and that the inhabitants were alive, albeit, "ghost-like," but little else. I realize that it's too much to hope at this point that they make a model/troop addition to the army list, but I'd be happy with a little more fluff on the matter. Has anyone whose seen the book seen anything on this matter? maybe a color scheme?

Kage2020
05-09-2006, 01:17
Isn't this more in the way of Rumours?

Kage

Brother Muninn
05-09-2006, 02:14
not necessarily. If you were to require the background forum to house only factual, canon information, rather than speculation, summation, and rumors, you'd have a much less interesting board.

although my semantics are lacking, and I let myself get off track in regards to the upcoming codex release, I'm just looking for info on non-standard craftworlds.

Kage2020
05-09-2006, 23:51
Fair enough. It's just the speculation was geared at their army colours and army lists, which is definitely more along the line of Rumours rather than Background.

Whatever twiddles your biscuit, though.

/Kage

ryng_sting
06-09-2006, 16:40
A GW guy (Phil Kelly?), who worked on the new Eldar Codex, said that he regarded Altansar as 'his baby'. Fluff-wise he's been trying to push them uphill for some time. He said he saw them like the Army of the Dead in Lord of the Rings - the damned helping the living.

dean
06-09-2006, 17:24
So following on from there, They are undead? That is more or less the story of Iyandin(sp) isnt it?

You mention them as damned, please explain.:confused:

muskrat
06-09-2006, 17:42
Iyanden uses ghost constructs, Wraithguard and such because much of their people died defending it.

Altansar would be more along the lines of damned souls, no corporeal form, or even Eldar transformed into Warp entities. Very few, if any besides Maugan-Ra, left alive.

Think of the comparison like an army of Frankensteins v an army of boogey men.

Khaine's Messenger
06-09-2006, 17:48
We know that the craftworld escaped the Eye of Terror during the EoT campaign

Well, no. It hasn't "escaped" the Eye...it's still in there. It's just been found and adequately defended for a bit alongside an Eldar colony (crone?) world. Keep in mind that Ulthwe herself has been fought over for millenia, and even it hasn't got very far from the Eye (rambling discussions about craftworld propulsion aside).

Apart from that...we wait.

dean
06-09-2006, 19:31
Ahh... Mucho comprendo. I was seeing dead people, er... eldar ghosts like the army of the dead but I didnt understand how that could be without a soul stone. The craftworld still being in the EoT explains how they can have non-corporial presences without a construct.

Tarquinn
19-09-2006, 13:26
I assume we do not know the colour scheme of Altansar (yet)?