PDA

View Full Version : Allied Tribes (Orcs and Goblins)

Camrion
05-09-2006, 05:48
On Wednesday I purchased and began assembling and Orc and Goblins army, though they're all orcs. They were originally ment to be a Grimgor's 'Ardboyz build but with the fall of the Storm of Chaos book and potential unfairness in combination with the new rulebook on the way, I turned them vanilla. (Plus I can simply switch the Effigy of Gork for the new spirit banner)

'Ardboyz in a way, no goblins. Sneaky gits.

Now, I've been smashing my face into my old Orc and Goblins book dealing with the restricted special slots available to an all orc player and, Battle for Skull Pass is so appealing I'm pretty sure I'll be picking it up. Now, to the point. An allied Night Goblin tribe.

In games of 2000 pts or more, an allied Night Goblin tribe will attend the battles. They'll likely be alotted around 500 pts of my total allowance and between 1-2 heroes. The trick is, I will not be allowed to move or command them. Random bystanders or possibly a recruited friend will be forced to the task. The ally will control the friendly magic phase, though I get to handle the dispel phase (Gork likes Black Orcs Best). I also will not be able to order or give suggestions to the goblin general, unless he happens to be within the command range of my Black Orc Warboss.

Comments or ideas to flesh this out?

Camrion

WarSmith7
05-09-2006, 07:00
I like the idea, perhaps you friend should also have a general and that the allies cannot use your general's leadership, only the Night gobbo one.

Like the Kislev allies rule.

Pravus
05-09-2006, 09:26
Frankly, you're a mentalist - but in the fine tradition of "English Eccentric" that doesn't involve thorazine, straight jackets or rubber wallpaper. I, for one, would be more than happy to command your Night Gobbos in such a situation. The only concern would be practical in that, would you not use them at all in a game if you could not find a willing commander for them?

Camrion
05-09-2006, 13:12
Seeing as I have little interest in personally playing goblins, I may or may not simply control the allied tribe on my own incase I'm unable to find another player. Finding a third person usually is not difficult as when I go to game, there's often people about, and that's if I couldn't drag a neighbor up with me.

Now, how long would it take for the gimmick to get old? Games of that size can be long..

Camrion

unwanted
05-09-2006, 20:55
Though there's obviously a lot of good in this, I hope it'll be for friendly games, as a "competitive" opponent might take offense to fighting two people at the same time, as two minds remember more than one.

I really like the idea, as I'm more into fluff&fun, but some people aren't ;)

Camrion
06-09-2006, 00:15
I have little need or desire to tend to a competitive opponent's needs and am more likely to pack my armies up rather than play them unless it's a slow night. Tournament-Hammer does not appeal to me, at all. If only I could find someone running a campaign instead of leagues.

Two minds often are not better than one when it comes to Warhammer, anyways. Split battleplans, lack of coordinated movements ..I fully expect the allied tribe to be a fun disadvantage.

Camrion

hertz
06-09-2006, 02:34
Two minds often are not better than one when it comes to Warhammer, anyways. Split battleplans, lack of coordinated movements ..I fully expect the allied tribe to be a fun disadvantage.

I have been, from time to time, been thinking about something similar, for similar (fun) reasons, so I say, why not! itīll make it fun and interesting, and a change from the norm, and really, since when do an army with houndreds of lads do what you want them do do? it will be perfect!