PDA

View Full Version : 1st 2000pt OK list

ashc
05-09-2006, 09:02
As the title says this is my first list; ive tried to use everything from 2 battalion boxes plus some stuff i have from my little brother (one butcher, one gorger and the 2 limited edition maneaters), so tell me what you think!

LORD
Tyrant, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Gut Maw, Wyrdstone Necklace, Daemon Killer Scars, Luck Gnoblar - 310pts.

HERO
Butcher, Bloodcleaver, Skullmantle - 175pts.

HERO
Butcher, Halfling Cookbook, Gnoblar Thiefstone - 170pts.

CORE X 3
3 Bulls, Light Armour, Ironfists, Bellower - 139pts (x3)

CORE
5 Ironguts, Bellower, Standard with Lookout Gnoblar, Warbanner - 300pts.

CORE x 2
20 Gnoblar Fighters - 40pts. (x2)

CORE
8 Gnoblar Trappers, Snarefinger - 52pts.

SPECIAL X 2
2 Leadbelchers, Bellower - 120pts.

RARE
Gorger - 75pts.

RARE
2 Maneaters, Heavy Armour, 1 Great Weapon, 1 Cathayan Longsword - 180pts.

1999pts.

Mostly MSU ogres backed up with 2 big units of gnoblars plus the larger ironguts unit; namely because i can see ironguts getting smacked to bits in smaller numbers and the larger unit has a chance to survive; fielded in a 4 in front 2 in back formation with a butcher/tyrant. Leadbelchers go on the flanks.

i appreciate any comments.

Ash

druchii
06-09-2006, 06:16
It doesn't seem that the friendly ogres get much love on warseer. :cries:

The list seems decent. Why such small units of ogres? I'd opt for atleast units of four, on all units, including characters.

I'd also try to bump up the number of leadbelcers to three. Two seem VERY inconsistent to me, three not only gives the buggers a bit of staying power when they get into combat, but it also allows them to support the main army a bit more. Having to roll to hit with their cannons also warrants boosting their numbers.

Much of this army mirrors my own, and that's why I initially like it, although the bulls seem a bit small, the Ironguts a bit large, the leadbelchers a bit small.

here's eating you,

d