PDA

View Full Version : I have the limited edition in my hands! It just arrived!

Meraklis
05-09-2006, 10:33
Well I don't know if other people have it too but I just received it so if you want to ask anything now is the time:)

UltimateNagash
05-09-2006, 12:09
A couple of others have got it as well. So, is it good?

Chainsofsigil
05-09-2006, 12:26
Ah, ours came today.

The edges of the pages glitter with bronze beauty, and the parchment pages are a delight to touch!

Well worth every penny (i havent even begun to look at the new rules its so damn beautiful!)

UltimateNagash
05-09-2006, 12:43
Ours? Are you some freaky two headed thing? Or something more mundane, like you're talking about your brother/sister etc?

Pravus
05-09-2006, 12:58
Or it could be the royal "we" ...

DonMaikel
05-09-2006, 13:00
Yep Got mine to, my Girlfriend just called that a strange games workshop package arrived :-) cant wait till the working day ends :D

happy happy joy joy

Meraklis
05-09-2006, 14:09
I like mine though I expected more art filled pages for 60+ GBP!!!!!
The bronze on the side of the pages is really cool
The book case is good too.
But to be honest I expected more extravagant details inside it...I am a bit disappointed :(

bonegnasher
05-09-2006, 17:06
I had just wished they threw in the counters and templates and dice of the gamer's edition as a bonus, tho the book is awesome (mine came this morning) I'm missing those extras :(

Oberon
05-09-2006, 17:18
Any pics of these awesome bronze and parchment thingys?

Chainsofsigil
05-09-2006, 18:12
WE weren't sent any extra's either, so WE'll be forever short of a limited edition Coloured cloth headband and bookmark which was meant to come with it :-( Oh the agony!

inq.serge
05-09-2006, 18:20
Wow! Bronze edges! How cool!

Does anyone know how much the gamers ed. costs?, Im more of a gamer then collector, but I like my limited editions, they make me feel special.

Again, Wow, you guys own cool stuff, Wow!

Jim
05-09-2006, 18:32
mine came today as well...just had a quick flick through and it looks amazing!!

I'm so glad I forked out for it...just means no new toy soldiers for awhile:cries: ...ah well gives me time to save up for when all the new Empire stuff is released!!!:)

WOOT!!!

Dogskills
06-09-2006, 15:52
I ordered my my spec ed about 2 weeks ago and the redshirt (storemanager) said that I would get it on the 4 of sep. Now when I just spoke to him on the phone he said that I would have to wait until the 9 of sep, that is crappy marketing and he should have a slapp on his skinny little fingers! The reason he said was "new orders from above". From who? God? I have just about had it with this ******* GW ********.

Alfginnar Oakenshield
06-09-2006, 16:05
I got my copy of the Collectors Edition yesterday as well. Since I'm lazy at the moment, I'll qoute what I said about it over at Bugman's:

I just recieved my copy of the Collectors Edition today as well. I haven't had time to dig into the rules, and as I'm probably the farthest from an experienced gamer that you'll find on this forum, how the rules are compared to 6th ed. doesn't mean the world to me.
However I must admit that I found myself gloating greatly upon opening the package - the book is simply beautiful. Lots of wonderful artwork, nicely executed page setup, good looking "skin"... Overall a master piece.
Also I became quite nostalgic reading it. Many not so nice things can be said about Alessio Cavatore, but the chap is certainly capable of writing. My thoughts were drawn back to the time of the humorious, non stiffbacked army books such as the 6th ed. greenskin one, were you has the feeling that the book was actually well worked throughout, but not without a twinkle in the eye.

The book now contains a short overview of the entire Warhammer World history, from the time of the Old Ones, over the coming of Chaos, the fell deeds of Nagash and the woeful times for us dwarfs to the age of man.
It also contains a, from first sight, much better presentation of each race and even goes as far as to mention dawi zharr, dragons and cathayans (much as the current rulebook but with a different approach).

The only rules I've read is the magic rules - and now I love magic even more. I mean sure it's quite unpredictable, but it is just soooo cool. My new favorite lore is either Gold, Shadow or Death. The descrption of the Gold Lore is simply great - for example the Rule of Burning Iron. Before I didn't really now how it was suppose to work (I mean in fluff terms). Now it is described that the wizard makes his victims armor regain the heat it had when it was forged, so the armour glows white-hot and the victim is cooked in his own protection. How cool is that?
Or what about casting Doom and Darkness on 9+ into combat? Or killing a tyrant and his ironguts with a Pit of Shades?

AO

Xavier
06-09-2006, 16:09
WE weren't sent any extra's either, so WE'll be forever short of a limited edition Coloured cloth headband and bookmark which was meant to come with it :-( Oh the agony!

Hey... yea, wheres my headband and bookmark :mad:

Still well worth it in my opinion, its just something special that you really do appreciate.

UltimateNagash
06-09-2006, 16:31
Gamers edition is £60, with Big Rulebook, Small Rulebook, Carry Case, Dice and Templates. Not sure about Measurers.
Forgot about effect markers...

Drogmir
06-09-2006, 16:33
even though I don't play fantasy I know my gameswrokshop has one just sitting and collecting dust

inq.serge
06-09-2006, 19:41
£60!!!!!

Oh, im sticking to the normal, thats to much, even with my 10£ giftcheck I got at one of the shops in my town selling gw products.

when does gamers ed come out?

plantagenet
06-09-2006, 20:42
My edition has also arrived. The only slightly disappointing thing is that there is no really new artwork in the book. There is a few small bits most of it is however is box set covers and old army book cover work. Still was nice to see John Blanches Knight Panther again............ I hadnt seen that picture in years.

No book mark and a little bit of damage on book where it looks as though some one dropped it, also didnt help my mood....

Ethereal
09-09-2006, 11:38
i have mine :) and how much did it cost me you ask? nothing., I won it in a gw draw. I also won a bunch of cities of death stuff in a painting comp. Im so happy, now im glad i didnt buy the regular rules as well :)

Sharpe
09-09-2006, 11:55
I dont see the point of bying limeted edition rules can someon explain the merrits of buying it?

Xavier
09-09-2006, 12:31
Unique thing is the only real reason I got it, thats just me though, I got the hard back rulebook from last edition aswell and the special 40k one. Just a nice thing to have.

Ethereal
09-09-2006, 12:34
i cant explain it... even though i didnt buy it having it is really reassuring... it feels so special...

Dogskills
09-09-2006, 13:03
I forgive you GW! the book is so wonderfully nice to me eyes, and when I touch it...

Ethereal
09-09-2006, 13:16
ya mums so wonderfully nice to my eyes, and when i touch it...

Ethereal
09-09-2006, 13:16
sorry i couldnt resist that one. i am so immature...

Dogskills
09-09-2006, 17:42
hehee aint we all..

Spyral
09-09-2006, 19:22
i picked the gamers edition.. mroe practical.. i mean the facny one isnt somethig you can exactly use if you wnat to keep it good..

Jimbobjeff
09-09-2006, 19:26
I didnt order one but I just thpought I'd share something with you, at my local GW you cant toiuch it without white gloves and its kept in a cabinet.....

Rioghan Murchadha
15-09-2006, 21:08
Ouch.. recycled artwork, editing glitches galore, gonna need cut and paste erratta in that rulebook that could've been the downpayment on a house =)

Now, here's a collectors edition I'm sure fantasy fans can appreciate, and didn't cost near as much as the new WFB rulebook

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/Fingul/LotRCollectors001.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/Fingul/LotRCollectors002.jpg
All 3 books on vellum in a single volume, with all the original maps drawn by Christopher Tolkien.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/Fingul/LotRCollectors003.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/Fingul/LotRCollectors005.jpg
Contains all the original watercolours by J.R.R. himself.

Now of course, it probably was only cheaper because they were published in '76, but hey.. Still very much more something I'd like to pass on to my children/grandchildren than a rulebook that will be 18 editions out of date by the time they get it.

DMG
15-09-2006, 21:33
I called GW this week to ask why my Collectors Ed still hadn't arrived. They said UPS couldn't deliver to a PO Box. 6 weeks after they charged my credit card & they never once contacted me about it. They even said it's probably been sent to Australia & been returned to the UK. Idiots.

So I cancelled my order. It's another reason why I'm jaded with GW...

Drogmir
19-09-2006, 01:43
I'm bidding on Ebay for one ;) no one touch it!