PDA

View Full Version : My new Eldar army idea!

AventineCrusader
05-09-2006, 12:29
Well I have just finished up my Lost and the Damned army and I think it is time to start something new. I have always really liked the Eldar and the new Codex seems like the perfect excuse. But it seems I can't just build an army anymore, I have to have a heapin' helpin' of theme on there too. So with that in mind I give you,

Exodites with Harlies!

HQ
Farseer(Wood Elf Spellsinger 1 w/ Eldar
doo-das)

Farseer(Wood Elf Spellsinger 2 w/ Eldar
staff)

Elites
Striking Scorpions(10) w/ Shadowstrike-(Dryads as Wraithbone constructs?)

Harlequins(maxed out)*2

Troops
Exodite Clansmen-Dire Avengers(max
size)*2 (Guardians+Glade Guard)

Rangers(5)*2 (Ranger models)

Pathfinders(5)*1 (Ranger models)

Dragon Knights-Guardian Jetbikes(8)*1-(Glade Riders+Guardians/DAs+Lizardman CO)

Fast Attack
Vypers(2)*3 (Harlequin painted)

Heavy Support
Wraithlord*2 (Harlequin painted)

In the fluff I have read, Harlequins come to the rescue of the Exodites sometimes. This force is based around that idea. I found that an Exodite list was too limiting, especially since I did not want warbeasts with vehicle stats(it just doesn't seem right). So to make up for this I used the Harlequins for the heavier support elements, as I have seen Harlequin Wraithlords and Vypers before.

So as to the reason I am posting this, I want to get feedback on the army plan and hopefully some group brainstorming. What would you all do with this idea?

Thanks,
Crusader:D

Inq. Veltane
05-09-2006, 12:39
Well, Harlequins are going to be 0-1 sadly. I also strongly dislike the Harlequin Wraithlord (I know they exist in a certain CJ list, but so do Harlequin Landraiders...)

Anyway, the Harlequins don't have Spirit Stones and an Infinity Circuit do they? Their souls go straight to the Laughing God upon their death... As such the whole idea of 'Harlequin Wraithlord' is flawed. I guess I also don't like the Dryad idea...

Remember that Craftworlds also often come to an Exodites aid, so a few Craftworld units might not be so bad...

AventineCrusader
05-09-2006, 13:13
Well, Harlequins are going to be 0-1 sadly. I also strongly dislike the Harlequin Wraithlord (I know they exist in a certain CJ list, but so do Harlequin Landraiders...)

Anyway, the Harlequins don't have Spirit Stones and an Infinity Circuit do they? Their souls go straight to the Laughing God upon their death... As such the whole idea of 'Harlequin Wraithlord' is flawed. I guess I also don't like the Dryad idea...

Well the Harlie Wraithlord was not necessarily a Harlequin before he was a Wraithlord, if you understand my meaning. I don't know, I primarily opted for the Harlequins for flavor. I do not really know what Craftworld I would associate my Exodites with. Perhaps Biel-tan as it is known for fiercely defending Exodite worlds? This would also mean I could go for Exodite Troops and HQ while filling out my Elites with Aspects....hmmmm.

As for the Dryads, I think they were mainly an excuse for me to buy those models. I also didn't explain my vision fully I suppose. They were not intended to be 'Tree-spirits' or any such thing. They would be extensively converted, and look like very interesting wraithbone constructs, not made of wood at all. Some truly masterful work of the Bonesingers. The idea would certainly need to be fleshed out, but I will probably ditch them.

Alright, so I am liking the idea of a Biel-tan supported Exodite list...

lets keep the ideas flowing...

Crusader

Wraithbored
05-09-2006, 13:28
Bassically all you will do is use different models combined with Craftworld Eldar rules? Why not, the Eldar are an army that sorely lacks originality, personally I like your idea a lot and I think you should do it. And do post some pictures in M,P&T! :)

AventineCrusader
05-09-2006, 14:32
Bassically all you will do is use different models combined with Craftworld Eldar rules?

Basically, yes!:D

I have changed my mind about the Harlies, I believe it will now be a group of Biel-Tan Craftworlders allied with the Exodites. Here is my updated list...

HQ
Farseer(Wood Elf Spellsinger 1 w/ Eldar
doo-das)

Farseer(Biel-Tan)

Elites
Striking Scorpions(10) w/ Exarch w/
Scorpion's Claw, Shadowstrike

Fire Dragons(10) (in Wave Serpent)
Exarch w/Fire Pike, Tank Hunters

Troops
Exodite Clansmen-Dire Avengers(max
size)*2- Baron(Exarch) w/ Shuriken Storm,
Shimmershield, (Guardians+Glade Guard)

Rangers(5)*2 (Ranger models)

Pathfinders(5)*1 (Ranger models)

Dragon Knights-Guardian Jetbikes(8)*1
(Glade Riders+Guardians/DAs+Lizardman CO)

Fast Attack
Vypers(2)*3 (Biel-Tan painted)

Heavy Support
Wraithlord*2 (Biel-Tan painted)

Crusader

Wraithbored
05-09-2006, 14:40
2 Wraithlords? Humm why not some War walkers or a Falcon. Ok true in the new dex Warwlkers will be a fast attack choice, but they do strike me as a piece of gear the exodites would use.

Sildani
05-09-2006, 15:14
Erm, Wraith, the Walkers'll still be Fast Attack in the new Codex - unless you know something...

Inq. Veltane
05-09-2006, 15:24
Much better AC.

AventineCrusader
05-09-2006, 15:45
Ok true in the new dex Warwlkers will be a fast attack choice, but they do strike me as a piece of gear the exodites would use.

Yes, but the Wraithlords are not Exodite troops, they are from Biel-tan. Plus I just don't like Warwalkers, I like Wraithlords:D ...

Any ideas about the practicality of the conversions I have planned? Does anyone have expierience with the bitz I mentioned?

Crusader

Kriegsherr
05-09-2006, 15:51
Yes, but the Wraithlords are not Exodite troops, they are from Biel-tan. Plus I just don't like Warwalkers, I like Wraithlords:D ...

Any ideas about the practicality of the conversions I have planned? Does anyone have expierience with the bitz I mentioned?

Crusader

Why not take a treeman as a "wraithlord"? I don't think you still have to put weapons on him, and if, it could be a special kind of psi-powers.

Storm Hunters
05-09-2006, 15:59
yes a treeman wraith lord, and how about banshees using the wardancer modles, fistly, they are some of the best models out there, and secondly, they even have the direct mail only ones with the dubble ended spear doing a flip, now that is an exarch if ever i saw on.

AventineCrusader
05-09-2006, 16:16
I don't really want to use any pure Wood Elf models, everything has to have something 'Eldar-y' to them. If either of you can think of a way to do this with the models you mentioned, I am all ears:D .

Crusader

Wraithbored
05-09-2006, 16:31
Erm, Wraith, the Walkers'll still be Fast Attack in the new Codex - unless you know something...
Umm, read my post again Sildani, and I am quite sure the Warwalkers for now are a Heavy Support choice.