PDA

View Full Version : The rule book lores

maze ironheart
05-09-2006, 17:21
Every one is only talking about the new rules which has helped alot but how much has the lore of Fire,Metal,Shadow,Death,Life,Beast,Heavens,Light has changed i just would like to know if some spells have changed or have new spells have been put in.

TheWarSmith
05-09-2006, 17:23
Avian has a review of the new lores of magic. Exact details can't be given, but you only have to wait till Saturday to get the rules.

patataman
05-09-2006, 17:35
They are grat...I think they reach a good balance in game term

TheWarSmith
05-09-2006, 17:42
Brets got a bit of a shaft on their damsel lores(beast and life), since bears anger is absolutely useless for mounted damsels, and life now requires LOS a lot of the time.

maze ironheart
05-09-2006, 19:16
Is their a lore section in the rule book you get with TBFSP set.

TheWarSmith
05-09-2006, 19:28
There damn well better be. I believe ALL the rules are in BFSP, but they might not have expanded diagrams and the fluff/hobby sections aren't there.

maze ironheart
05-09-2006, 20:13
Who here is going to Chelmsford Games workshop on staurday the 9/9/06.

Mr_Rose
06-09-2006, 00:00
There damn well better be. I believe ALL the rules are in BFSP, but they might not have expanded diagrams and the fluff/hobby sections aren't there.Don't worry, they're all there (my BfSP came today)

Who here is going to Chelmsford Games workshop on staurday the 9/9/06.Not sure, but I think this might be the wrong place for such an inquiry...

rhaberova
06-09-2006, 00:50
Do you know how much the lore of shadows has changed?

TheWarSmith
06-09-2006, 00:51
still crappy

Lathaine
06-09-2006, 03:33
still crappy

Not quite, the new spells are useful for a lvl 4 mage to take since the last two spells are awesome and with the exception of steed of shadows and maybe crown of taidron the others are pretty good too. Only problem is you need a wide smattering of spells to get your points worth and you need a caster that can use 3-4 dice to cast.

NakedFisherman
06-09-2006, 04:02
Not quite, the new spells are useful for a lvl 4 mage to take since the last two spells are awesome and with the exception of steed of shadows and maybe crown of taidron the others are pretty good too. Only problem is you need a wide smattering of spells to get your points worth and you need a caster that can use 3-4 dice to cast.

Steed of Shadows and Crown of Taidron crappy? Maybe if you don't use them together...

Steed of Shadows was never bad, and Crown of Taidron can be either somewhat decent or really good depending on the situation. I wouldn't consider it 'crappy' by any means.

samw
06-09-2006, 15:05
Shadows? As in the lore with a movement spell and the new "tactical nuke" of Pit of Shades? A contender for the best rulebook lore I'd say.

Avian
06-09-2006, 15:11
Steed of Shadows and Crown of Taidron crappy? Maybe if you don't use them together...
There is a lot of problems with that, which revolve around being able to actually get both spells and then gathering up enough power dice to cast them both.

If you ask me, it's far better to take a flying mount and just skipping the Steed altogether.

Shaitan
06-09-2006, 15:26
The disadvantage of the shadow lore, in my opinion, is the lack of a good #1 spell.

For example magic missiles are almost always usefull, the steed of shadows is usefull in some ocasions but by far not in every situation you will come across.

On a lvl 2 wizard I would never take the shadow lore, maybe I would consider it on a lvl 4 wizard.

hiram
06-09-2006, 15:49
I like all of the lores I mianly use lore of metal but my fav spell is replaced with another that may turn out to be just as nasty, shame though I did enjoy making dwaves not shoot and killig great weapons but cooking chaos knights in their armor sounds pretty good to me.

NakedFisherman
06-09-2006, 15:56
There is a lot of problems with that, which revolve around being able to actually get both spells and then gathering up enough power dice to cast them both.

If you ask me, it's far better to take a flying mount and just skipping the Steed altogether.

Flying mounts can't fly out of combat, hide in units, or declare charges in the magic phase.

They also cost points and not every army can have them.

samw
06-09-2006, 16:05
I though non-large target flyers, whioch is what most wizards have access to, could hide in units now?

Pravus
06-09-2006, 16:55
Lore of Shadows was and still is very useful for my army. I predict a continuation of people sniggering at my lore selection at the start of the battle and cursing me to the Nine Hells at the end of it.

More over, Lore of Beasts looks damn fine to my beast shamans

Avian
06-09-2006, 16:59
Flying mounts can't fly out of combat, hide in units, or declare charges in the magic phase.

They also cost points and not every army can have them.
Correct, but on the other hand you don't have to rely on dice rolls to get them to move either. :p

I would personally not base any tactic on getting off two specific spells during the same magic phase.

I though non-large target flyers, whioch is what most wizards have access to, could hide in units now?
You have it backwards. Large or not doesn't matter. It's being on a flying monster that stops you from joining a unit.
(note that models that can fly themselves are not forbidden from joining units.

NakedFisherman
06-09-2006, 17:46
I would personally not base any tactic on getting off two specific spells during the same magic phase.

Who said it needs to be the same phase?

Alfginnar Oakenshield
06-09-2006, 18:12
Methinks the new Ulgu is quite nasty - Pit of Shades is a game winner. Although it is best on a tooled up fourth level wizard.

I also like the Lore of Death now - Doom and Darkness into combat on 9+? Delicious if you ask me.

My fave is Alchemy though. It's just so cool, and rather nasty against heavy armoured opponents. Again, however, best on a wizard lord.

AO