PDA

View Full Version : First Eldar buy?

geekee1
05-09-2006, 20:22
I am planning on buying the Eldar army box when it comes out, but I would like to get a head start on my army. Out of the current range of models that aren't going to be redone, what would be the best buy? Also what would be the best configurations on said models. I don't have the current codex and wanted to wait until the new one is released, so all info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the input

Inq. Veltane
05-09-2006, 20:25
Wave Serpent with twin Bright Lances. A good transport, good at tank hunting and you'll probably want at least 2 or 3 of them in total because mobility is the key to winning with Eldar.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
05-09-2006, 20:36
I picked up 15 Wraithguard from ebay, mainly due to the fact I've always liked them and I pretty much knew they weren't getting a redo.

The fact I'll be doing an Iyanden force probably helped in that decesion though.

But I don't think you can really go wrong with these guys, 5 at minimum, 10 if you want a unit that'll cause problems, especially if this 10 strong unit becomes a Troop choice is true.

Kriegsherr
05-09-2006, 20:46
first buy? dire avengers (greatest aspect ever with the coolest sculpts ever), war walkers (I hope there are two of each weapon.... twin missile walkers, yay!), and of course an autarch with jump pack chainsword and fusion gun.

and then maybe some scorps

Bregalad
05-09-2006, 21:09
There are so many options for doing an Eldar army that the answer is difficult. Always possible that with the new Codex you may want to change your choices.
But I bought some new Rangers, some old Spiders and some Shining Spears (doubling as normal jet bikes, have better sculpted drivers!). Tanks will get an additional weapon sprue that may suggest waiting. Vypers and Wraith Guard will stay the same.

@Kriegsherr: He is talking of CURRENT models!

fracas
05-09-2006, 21:20
1 falcon grav tank and 2 waveserpents

somewhere future you may want a 4th vehicle but this will get you started.
tanks are also easy to paint.
and eldar tanks looks great to boot!

Inq. Veltane
05-09-2006, 21:22
first buy? dire avengers (greatest aspect ever with the coolest sculpts ever), war walkers (I hope there are two of each weapon.... twin missile walkers, yay!), and of course an autarch with jump pack chainsword and fusion gun.

and then maybe some scorps

So you usefully suggest all models which are being replaced? He wants to know what to buy now, not what to buy in November/December!

Kriegsherr
05-09-2006, 21:40
So you usefully suggest all models which are being replaced? He wants to know what to buy now, not what to buy in November/December!

okay, then I got this wrong :)

I meant when they are redone