PDA

View Full Version : Need help: Damocles Gulf IG Army

TimmyMWD
06-09-2006, 05:52
Hello all,

After playing warhammer fantasy for about seven years I'm now dabbling in the world of 40k (this game is so much simpler I love it!). I have a strong appeal for the Imperial Guard, and I've fleshed out a theme for my company but I'd like some advice on what units to tkae to reflect the theme.

My company is part of a stranded regiment in the Damocles Gulf (sp?) after the imperial engagements there against the Tau. They are on their own but remain steadfast in their fight for the Emperor. As such they are forced to use a lot of scavanged Tau parts (not necessarily a bad thing). I'd like to use carapce armor for example to reflect this. I'm not sure what weaponry would be best, but I'd like to use some Tau bits to show scavenged weaponry by the IG soldiers.

I'd like some mobile units with a LR, but primarily static infantry regiments with maybe some sentinel support. I'm aiming for a 1500 point force, any ideas on fleshing out this idea of mine would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

TimmyMWD

TimmyMWD
07-09-2006, 02:19
I'll give this one bump for some help

brother_fandango
07-09-2006, 02:37
you could give them the sharpshooters doctrine, representing their knowledge that their ammo is very limited. Cybernetic enhancement could represent tau technology helping the Gaurd in the respect of bionic arms and legs.

i like the idea of not making them the IG that went defacto to the Tau. Id keep the tank relatively clear of Tau stuff, though.

UnRiggable
07-09-2006, 02:42
Maybe veterans because of constant combat, drop troops for instant killings, light infantry for stalking, I dunno.