PDA

View Full Version : Captain Garro,the first Grey Knight?

SOTIRIOS
06-09-2006, 10:17
Reading the last of the Horus Heresy art books, I was happy to see that there was a hint of Capain Garro and the other loyal survivors of the traitor legions(one of each traitor legion), who followed him back to Terra, becoming the ultimate weapon vs Chaos under direct command from the Emperor (in his meeting with Malcador)...I think here lay the roots of Grey Knights...

ryng_sting
06-09-2006, 16:33
And here I think one of Rik Mayall's sayings has particular relevance:

'Not so much a hint, more a party political broadcast...'

FlashGordon
06-09-2006, 18:27
Reading the last of the Horus Heresy art books, I was happy to see that there was a hint of Capain Garro and the other loyal survivors of the traitor legions(one of each traitor legion), who followed him back to Terra, becoming the ultimate weapon vs Chaos under direct command from the Emperor (in his meeting with Malcador)...I think here lay the roots of Grey Knights...

One of the most interesting twist gw ever came up with!

BrainFireBob
06-09-2006, 18:51
*snort*

The implication has been around for a long time. Check out IA: Death Guard.

There are three possible antecedents for Grey Knights I'm aware of- the Emperor-as-Primarch, the directly-engineered-gene-seed, and the "altered" gene-seed of Garro and his men.

Escaflowne_Z
06-09-2006, 20:24
If the Grey Knights were descended from the loyalists from the Traitor Legions, then I would have to buy even more of them! Letting these few heroes achieve some small redemption after their deaths would be a nice story to have.

Terminatorphoenix
06-09-2006, 20:31
I agree its the best fing about the sabertoothe art books, well besides the custodes.

...Goes of to moddle SUPREME grand master garro of the rey knights with one of those funky gaurdian spears that the custodes uasually wield(but he's so cool he gets one anyway)

Kage2020
06-09-2006, 23:53
Or, alternatively, some of the other theories could be applicable with Garro. ;)

Kage

Shaper Shakra
07-09-2006, 00:36
I think that the SM chapter created for DoW are what was going to be the Grey Knights and something went wrong and the entire project was scrapped. Lots of psykers in there, no clue about their past, and one of their leaders screams, "For our missing primarch!" Maybe I'm just crazy though.

That doesn't look right...grammar...slipping....so......tired.......

New Cult King
07-09-2006, 03:26
Wow. That would be very cool. The books you guys speak of are hard to come by here in Oz, so I usually don't find out about the juicy stuff til one of you posts a thought/question about it.

SOTIRIOS
07-09-2006, 10:48
Glad to know you all liked the idea...

Fulgrim's Gimp
10-09-2006, 22:00
Does anyone remember when the cards for volume 4 came out. There was a rumour that Garro got killed by Ula Doom of Heroes ? In the book this is absent , but , if you look at page fifty,is it not Garro getting destroyed by Ula ? Therefore I theorise that the Grey Knights were formed from the Eisensteinians who had psychic powers and not the late,great Capt Garro.

EsDawg
11-09-2006, 02:29
All I can say is thank God. I hated the other two theories that they wrote on what happened to Garro. I'm happy he got a cameo in those books. Damn I gotta read them now. . . after I read Ravenor Returned :)

vlad78
11-09-2006, 06:46
Actually, nothing in the forth Horus Heresy book says that Garro was chosen. The eight space marines were all potentially psykers, we don't know if Garro was one of them.

We still don't know what happened to the others crews of the eisenstein. Furthermore, we still don't know the fate of the handfull of loyal marines lead by captain Tarvitz who might have escape the bombing of Isvaan III.

Vlad

SOTIRIOS
11-09-2006, 09:38
Actually, nothing in the forth Horus Heresy book says that Garro was chosen. The eight space marines were all potentially psykers, we don't know if Garro was one of them.

We still don't know what happened to the others crews of the eisenstein. Furthermore, we still don't know the fate of the handfull of loyal marines lead by captain Tarvitz who might have escape the bombing of Isvaan III.

Vlad

I agree on both statements. The fate of Tarvitz and the other loyal marine still puzzles me and I hope "Galaxy in Flames" will give the answer to this question. For Garro we must wait for "The flight of Eisenstein" in 2007. The sure thing is that we now know the roots of the Grey Knights and that is great !!!