PDA

View Full Version : Sisters of Battle Ranks

Try Again Bragg
06-09-2006, 10:27
Hey guys, i just have a quick question for anyone who feels like answering.

What are the rank titles for the Sisters of Battle? I am in South America and cannot get my hands on Codex: Withhunters.

I just want to know what you call a squad leader, junior officer, company commander, chapter master. Stuff like that.

Thanks for your help.

Inq. Veltane
06-09-2006, 10:58
Sister [Technically Dominion, Celestian and Seraphim might be considered ranks which outrank normal Sisters]

Sister Superior [Same comment as with normal Sisters]

Palatine

Canoness [Several Ranks]

Try Again Bragg
06-09-2006, 11:07
All right, so it seems that their ranks and titles are not as clear cut as like with the Imp Guard or the Astartes.

The_Patriot
06-09-2006, 13:24
Battle Sister
Seraphim Sister/Dominion Sister/Celestian Sister/Retributer Sister
Sister Superior (depends upon seniority)
Palatine (convent second in command/mission commander)
Canoness Commander (small convent commander)
Canoness Preceptor (large convent commander)
Canoness Superior (order commander)
Prioress (head of the Convent Sanctorum or Convent Prioris)
Abbess of the Adepta Sororitas
Ecclesiarch
High Lords of Terra

ancient_conflict
06-09-2006, 13:44
through. very through

malika
06-09-2006, 13:55
IIRC the Abbess of the Adepta Sororitas could also be a High Lord of Terra.

Inq. Veltane
06-09-2006, 13:58
Battle Sister
Seraphim Sister/Dominion Sister/Celestian Sister/Retributer Sister
Sister Superior (depends upon seniority)
Palatine (convent second in command/mission commander)
Canoness Commander (small convent commander)
Canoness Preceptor (large convent commander)
Canoness Superior (order commander)
Prioress (head of the Convent Sanctorum or Convent Prioris)
Abbess of the Adepta Sororitas
Ecclesiarch
High Lords of Terra

I would argue that is should be Dominion/Retributor Sister < Celestian Sister < Seraphim Sister.

The_Patriot
06-09-2006, 13:59
IIRC the Abbess of the Adepta Sororitas could also be a High Lord of Terra.

You're thinking of the Ecclesiarch.

The_Patriot
06-09-2006, 14:01
I would argue that is should be Dominion/Retributor Sister < Celestian Sister < Seraphim Sister.

I put them all as equal. If you split hairs it would be Retributer>Dominion>Seraphim>Celestian.

Try Again Bragg
06-09-2006, 14:35
Thanks for all of the help, gentlemen.

malika
06-09-2006, 14:59
You're thinking of the Ecclesiarch.

Well, look at this from the Wiki-pedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Lords_of_Terra):

The total number of High Lords is said to be twelve, leaving three non-permanent openings. These offices are held by various people depending on the current political situation, and usually drawn from high-ranking Imperial officers. The position of High Lord of Terra has been held at times by the Lord Commander Militant of the Imperial Guard, the Lord Commander of the Segmentum Solar, Cardinals of the Holy Synod of Terra, the Abbess Sanctorum of the Adepta Sororitas, the Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes, the Chancellor of the Estate Imperium and the Speaker for the Chartist Captains.

The_Patriot
06-09-2006, 15:01
Well, look at this from the Wiki-pedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Lords_of_Terra):

Weird that an abbess held the position.

malika
06-09-2006, 15:49
It was not a permanent position, I assume that the non-permanent position are only formal and that those positions hold no real power.

god octo
06-09-2006, 15:56
i thought it was metioned in WHite dwarf, when the Witch hunters were first released, that the Abbess for the Order of the ermine mantle died, and that Law dictates that until they find her body, there cannot be another abbess?

Finally, i love the way that a (relatively) small post of power sounds so grand:p . My cannoness's full name is therefore:

Cannonnes Commander Josepha. :D

The_Patriot
06-09-2006, 15:59
Well that explains why in the codex that it says Abbess of Adepta Sororitas (Position Currently Unoccupied).