PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt nurgle cavalry army

woody
06-09-2006, 10:37
i had an isea the other day of an all cavalry army fully marked with nurgle...
post comments please?

lord of nurgle
barded steed
filth mace, armour of damnation, gaze of the gods, shield--382

Sorceror of Nurgle
Lvl 2, steed, Power familiar--226

Sorceror of Nurgle
steed, 2 dispel scrolls--191

Knights of nurgle
5 knights full command--265

Knights of nurgle
9 knights full command, plauge banner--447

marauder horsemen
10 horsemen, flails, command--180

Chariot of nurgle--135

chariot of nurgle--135

6 warhounds--36

leeoaks
06-09-2006, 11:47
i dont think there are enough models there....i think you'll struggle with a ranked force! empire orks and dwarfs will trash this list as will any very mobile forces...i alway think nurgle are tough to crack!

blurred
06-09-2006, 13:20
This list just assures me once again that Nurgle is next to useless when it comes to chaos gods and that chaos sorcerors are just awful.

Sorceror of Nurgle
Lvl 2, steed, Power familiar--226

Just look at that price tag. 226 points for a level 2 mage! Sure he has power familiar, steed and armour but that's still too much.

I really don't know what to say about the list. IMHO it has too few models, too big units, too many points in characters etc. You could start improving it by changing your chaos lord to an exalted champion, splitting the big knight unit and the marauder unit into smaller ones, getting more chaos hounds and maybe a unit of furies.

woody
06-09-2006, 13:42
as i said it was just an idea i was toying with but im not sure if i want to do it but i think if i do it will cause a lot of damage anyway:mad:

leeoaks
06-09-2006, 15:58
no ones having a pop at you. nurgle are very hard to list. i'd drop the sorcerer and the small unit of knights. i'd get another fighting character. give your mage two dispel scrolls and make him lv1 id split the 10 marauder horse into two sets of five with a musician in each unit. if you do this you should have about 540pts free.....i'd get two big beastherds and a champion (maybe a wargor) and id also get some furies....flying units will be ace in the new fantasy) and then perhaps go for some spawn as they are nurgley. if you have points to go get another set of fast cav or some hounds (if you aleady have the models)

Neknoh
06-09-2006, 18:41
I'd keep the sorcerors, however, I WOULD split the big Knight Unit into two smaller units, as would I with the Marauder horsemen, the key to success with Nurgle Cavalry is to field them as a MSU force which relies on flanking and breaking down the enemy army using it's fear.

What else can be interesting in nurgle aries would be Nurglings to act as a sort of vanguard, I would also try and fit some nice cute little Slug(dragon)Ogres into that list

ROCKY
07-09-2006, 18:37
I'd keep the sorcerors, however, I WOULD split the big Knight Unit into two smaller units, as would I with the Marauder horsemen, the key to success with Nurgle Cavalry is to field them as a MSU force which relies on flanking and breaking down the enemy army using it's fear.

What else can be interesting in nurgle aries would be Nurglings to act as a sort of vanguard, I would also try and fit some nice cute little Slug(dragon)Ogres into that list

indeed dragon ogres would be good here however te lord is too expensive, plus I think that nurgle infnatry would perform better (more numbers can uise the "fear" effect more effectively

Brazen_Viking
08-09-2006, 05:04
I agree with above posters, definately split cavalry into units no bigger than 5, and try to have 3 marauder or hound units for every knight unit. That way you'll not only have more options for attacks, but you'll be garuanteed a particularly accurate warmachine isn't going to level half your army. I'd also go with less powerful characters, that way you can get more models on the board.