PDA

View Full Version : Got the Gamer's Edition This Morning

gcrutch
06-09-2006, 17:15
The dice in the Gamer's Edition are sweet! Looks like bones or parchment map lines for the color. Have not opened the game markers yet, but they seem to be made out of plastic card from the picture on the tin. Blast/spell templates are red clear plastic, not as bendy as the standard soft white clear templates. The short rulebook looks functional - have not pulled the shrinkwarp from the main rulebook. The carrying case is of decent quality and the Warhammer logo is embroidered, not stamped/painted. Overall, I think its a good deal.

unheilig
06-09-2006, 17:35
sounds nice!

i was skeptical about the bag. nice to hear it is good!

Mr_Rose
06-09-2006, 19:05
sounds nice!

i was skeptical about the bag. nice to hear it is good!
Indeed, that is good news...

Lardidar
06-09-2006, 19:31
Glad to hear it is good.

I ordered mine on its 2nd wave of release so I have to wait till the week after 7th ed release to get mine.

But it is nice to know it is worth the money.

Monk
07-09-2006, 00:56
I registered on this site fairly recently (few weeks ago or month or something) and have been trying to take everything in. My friend wanted to start a new army (he's been playing for years, and until recently I avoided it for time concerns), and with 7th edition coming in he suckered me into starting WHFB as well. So I bought a few books, chose an army, and figured I'd go whole hog and preorder the gamer's edition. Basically it's sex with a shoulder strap. I'm very glad with the purchase, and I'm excited to begin my new hobby/game/interest. Also, after perusing his 6th edition big red book, the 7th edition one seems like it's setup a little better, and worded clearer in some areas. And hardback? Niiiiiiice.

Hopefully that's mostly on topic.

:o

Wargamejunkie
07-09-2006, 08:50
I have ordered one, so the news about it is very good to hear. Now all I have to do is wait...

Tzargotha
07-09-2006, 14:27
Have to wait until tomorrow to get mine :(

Mr_Rose
07-09-2006, 20:21
Glad to hear it is good.
I ordered mine on its 2nd wave of release so I have to wait till the week after 7th ed release to get mine.
But it is nice to know it is worth the money.
I ordered on the "second wave" and got mine today, in the same box as my collectors edition. Which was ordered around fifteen minutes after the website went live. (BfSP came on Monday, I've been the cleaning mould lines off of 100+ tiny, tiny goblins and bigger, but still small, dwarfs, pity me.)

Actually, the bag is huge, wider than a standard record bag, such that you can fit the sixth and seventh edition hardback rulebooks in side by side.
Also, there are tree small pockets in addition to the cavernous main one; the first two are under the flap and are different sizes, one is tall and narrow, to fit the (flamer/breath) templates and the other is shorter, apparently for the templates tin... The third is a hidden zip on the back wall of the main pocket and is sized to perfectly fit the small rulebook.
As previously reported, the hammer/shield logo is stitched onto the flap and is quite well rendered in gold thread.
The red templates are kind of brittle, so I think I'll be using the 'flexi', translucent white ones from BfSP with the bag.
The dice came loose in my package (no tin) but did come with a snazzy leather draw-string bag (with genuine braided leather strings, as far as I can tell). The dice are also awesome. This cannot be stated enough. Marbled cream&brown acrylic to simulate bone, plus, in the style of all GW 'big dice' of late, the one pip is a symbol rather than a standard pip - the hammer and skull shield from the book cover :)

Lardidar
07-09-2006, 22:08
That sounds pretty sweet ... I got mine coming to the store, I will just have to wait :)

How many dice do you get and is it just d6?

JarrettS
07-09-2006, 22:23
Where did you buy the book from to get it so early?

Lardidar
07-09-2006, 22:26

it is out on saturday, pre orders can arrive weeks early.

Mr_Rose
07-09-2006, 23:19
That sounds pretty sweet ... I got mine coming to the store, I will just have to wait :)

How many dice do you get and is it just d6?
You get eight D6, one artillery die and one scatter die. Plus the pouch, of course. :P

Like I said, I preordered on the website at ~12:10AM the day they went on sale...

Kristov
09-09-2006, 04:28
I ordered the gamers edition but they shsipped me the collector's edition :(

I'd really rather have the gamers edition but I have to wait till tommorow to call them since they were closed before the package even arrived. :(

Hopefully they won't be out of the gamer's edition.

Can anyone tell me what the markers are? The plastic ones? if anyone has pics of em that'd be great.

Kristov

Ethereal
09-09-2006, 11:45
shame. i so wanted the gamers edition. too bad i had to go and win the collectors edition! thats right, uh-hah, im industructable! you see this? you see this velvet cover? uh-huh, look away, your eyes are not worthy puny mortal. Im so glad i entered that draw...

jahorin
09-09-2006, 11:57
Can anyone tell me what the markers are? The plastic ones? if anyone has pics of em that'd be great.

Kristov

i don't have a camera to take pictures. but they are marker that indicates some remain in play spells (wall of fire) counter for stupidity, hatred, wounds taken by a model, arrows that points a charging unit. those kind of marker. there is also a turn counter that you have to assemble.

the dices are nice. but the template is really rigid, i prefer the softer one, there's less chance of breaking them.