PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

mooserehab86
06-09-2006, 17:46
At the moment I am using the downloadable rules on the GW site for my DoW army. I have a few questions...

1) First of all, are these still legal, or do they have newer, different versions somewhere else that I have to use?

2) This set of rules has every RoR in it except the Manflayers and the Goblin Hewer, as well as all the special characters. I know the Goblin Hewer rules are in the Storm of Chaos book, but where are the other ones?

3) Completely unrelated question: does the Battle For Skull Pass set come with a mini rulebook for 7th edition, or 6th?

TheWarSmith
06-09-2006, 18:12
1)Yes, they're still legal for everyday gameplay. They're also legal at most tournaments, but you should ask just in case.

2)Goblin hewer is also available on the storm of chaos website for free. www.stormofchaos.com. Manhide manflayers might be online, otherwise they're definately white dwarfed(chronicles 05?) Remember you can hire ogres from the OK book as well.

edit: found manflayer rules online http://uk.games-workshop.com/dogsofwar/manflayers/1/

3)Comes with a mini rulebook for 7th, as it's the 7th edition starter set.

mooserehab86
06-09-2006, 20:04
Alright thanks!

Edit: The link for the Manflayers worked fine, but the Storm of Chaos one didn't work for me. I'll try some other stuff.

Crazy Harborc
06-09-2006, 20:14
Earlier in the year, didn't GW, UK announce that Storm of Chaos was no longer allowed at GDs etc. If that site was not USA maintained, it may be gone now.

Flame
06-09-2006, 20:40
SoC lists have been banned from the UKGT, that is it.

TheWarSmith
06-09-2006, 20:52
While SoC lists have been banned from UK GTs, they have not yet been banned(and most likely won't be from what i hear) banned in the US. Even if the SoC lists ARE banned, I don't think they're banning the new units that are still usable by non SoC armies(goblin hewer, hellcannon)

mooserehab86
06-09-2006, 21:12
I'm in the US, so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus I'm not planning on using them at this point, but who knows. Anyway, I found the downloadable rules on the site, including the rules for the Goblin Hewer, but it doesn't give a points value for it....

TheWarSmith
06-09-2006, 21:20
http://stormofchaos.us.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/book/assets/SoC_slayerarmy.pdf

It's dumb, but the points are listed in the "army list" and it's 130 points. Not too shabby for what it does.

EvC
06-09-2006, 23:48
Hate that thing! It's most annoying that at tournaments where special characters are banned someone can take a warmachine crewed by a hero level special character :p

TheWarSmith
07-09-2006, 00:50
I'd be fine ditching the hero and paying 100 points for it.

mooserehab86
07-09-2006, 01:14
Thanks for the clarification, and I agree that it seems cheap for what it does. Although I have never seen it in action, I was expecting it to be upwards of 200 points.