PDA

View Full Version : A new red era?

skoogiz
07-09-2006, 09:30
After seeing some of the new pics I noticed that allot of RED are finding its way back to GW miniatures. Are we at a dawn of a new RED era?

Look at this for example.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/orcs/extras/preview/images/spider_riders.jpg

What I feel when I see this is RED. Itís not bad but it shows that everything comes again, maybe there is hope for the DoW and Chaos Dwarfs after all. :)

Voltaire
07-09-2006, 09:52
*Begins singing the Soviet National Anthem*

A new RED era could be upon us...oh, you mean paints wise.

It wouldn't look right and emphasize each model differently if you didn't have green contrasting with red. Orks, Orcs and Orcks tend to have a lot of red anyway.

eldrak
07-09-2006, 12:06
Back in the days of 4th pretty much all of the OnG's were red (clothes weapons squigs warmachines) but only one of the spiders were red as far as i can tell from the pictures.

I dislike the red weapon thing as it often looks a bit weird (to me) but otherwise it's fine.

Tzargotha
07-09-2006, 14:24
Hello, I remember the red error, and all I really disliked about it was the fact I could never paint the red like the eavy metal painters could!

TheWarSmith
07-09-2006, 14:32
hehe, red error.

Wasn't it more like a reddish orange? I just remember it looked disgusting on all the skaven they did up with red swords.

"Hey bob, what paints we got?"

"We have red."

"What? What happened to the other colours?"

"Silence! There is only RED!!!!"

I think that the spider riders just happen to be red. Just a note to all the people interested in BFSP, the spider riders there are 90% of what you get in the regiment box, which will sell for $10 less than the whole box. All you get are some command pieces, including a "command spider" and bows and shields.

Neknoh
07-09-2006, 16:13
¤turns on the soundtrack for The Hunt For Red October and the soviet national anthem¤

Ah yes, it is time, my Imperial Guard have finally gotten an excuse to come out of their boxes, be greenstuffed and have 66 models in 500 pts.

... oh, redpainted era... for Warhammer.

Hrmm... perhaps I should start a Khorne army? Or a really blistery Nurgle then?

TheWarSmith
07-09-2006, 16:16
Or a Soviet themed orc army.....hmmm.....red orcs?

Wheels.....turning...neeeedd......oil......

Gorknoth
07-09-2006, 16:19
I think the red swords and those things looked pretty much like candy.
Anyway,. Why would anyone have a red sword.?

Three Headed Monkey
07-09-2006, 16:25
A Kornate warrior would. Whether or not it's paint, a natural tone or something else is up to you :).

For Khorne the red era never stoped, it just got darker and more ink washed.

Frankly I think multi colour madness is a bad thing. I wasn't in the hobby during the red era, but I see images of it and shudder. My god, what were they thinking when they painted Volkmar. I really hope to do it differently for the next Empire Army book.

A new red era will not match the dark and gritty feel GW seem to be pushing warhammer into (they have been for a while now). I remember a battle report between Volkmar and Archaon, and seeing the differences in the paint schemes.... Wow.

Neknoh
07-09-2006, 16:25
they ran out of blue ones, well.. duh!

:p§

jwiv
07-09-2006, 17:38
The spiders are painted red cuz red wunz go fasta.

ekxw
07-09-2006, 18:06
i like red i paint alwais red so im from the red era and we will make all look red again buajajajajajajajjajaaaaa.

long live to the red

DeathMasterSnikch
07-09-2006, 19:55
Indeed, the time of red has past (Although my stormvermin are yet to notice that). I miss the red times... ah well.