PDA

View Full Version : plastic boarboys from scratch

||-MARKO-||
07-09-2006, 20:59
i had this wonderful, super brillaintly massively cool idea today....

i noticed on the orc command sprue, there be plastic orc (mounted) legs.
i noticed that these sit nicely onto a boar, in theory.
i noticed that they would look very unique etc, to have bor boys made from the bitz of orc sprue.

so, what do you think!? :p

PS it is NOT obligatory to start 89% of sentences with 'I'

DeathMasterSnikch
07-09-2006, 21:14
And this will cost 1 orc command sprue each? The mounted legs are moulded onto the boar if I recall correctly.

Fabiusbile
07-09-2006, 21:21
Maybe he meant the old Command Sprues. I modelled my 6 Boar boys with the old commando sprues, one could get them very cheap on ebay, I just had to order the boars from the onlineshop.

If he means the new Command Sprue , it's going to get very expensive [12£ per box I think] . And every boar would look the same... atleast with the old Boars you could swap between 4 [6 if you considered Tuskgors] different heads....

And I don't think they'd rank up very well... and you'd have to convert a musician, but apart from that they'd really look great :P.

Dat Wildboy
07-09-2006, 21:25
if you use the old boars (not the new warboss ones) then yes, you could do it, but it would be more costly unless you have bought the orcs and have lots of legs left over.

using the boss's body you can make big'uns on boars. there should be plenty of spears left over from your orc warriors too to use.

if you buy the command sprues and boars individually, don't bother, it will be more expensive.

if you want to buy lots of orcs to use and mail order the boars, then go for it! you basically are getting yourself an army. but to get a useful unit you will be spending about 140 pounds on orcs warriors alone.

its a good idea, but do you have the money?

ZomboCom
07-09-2006, 21:35
The classic way people do this is to order several command sprues, and use the other models on the sprues as black orcs and orc boyz, which does work out cheaper I believe.

Dat Wildboy
07-09-2006, 21:36
i suppose so, but if you get more boxes, sure its 3 times as expensive, but you get lots more orcs!

cookiescrumble
08-09-2006, 17:21
I'll be doing this as a part of my "Tale of X gamers". I'll be using the spare legs from the command sprue. Any more i need, i'll have to mail order, at 5 per sprue. This will also give me bits for making boyz to bulk out my regiments.

||-MARKO-||
08-09-2006, 18:07
I'll be doing this as a part of my "Tale of X gamers". I'll be using the spare legs from the command sprue. Any more i need, i'll have to mail order, at 5 per sprue. This will also give me bits for making boyz to bulk out my regiments.

COPY!

lol. your welcome to the idea. :D and yup, im using the older boars from the chariot.

and yup, ive got some mounted legs left over, so any orcs which find themselves on foot will become some special unit or the other.... maybe

Avian
09-09-2006, 10:59
http://folk.ntnu.no/tarjeia/avian/pictures/orcs/boarbiguns.JPG

The trick is to find other people who have the command sprue (remember that you got one or two in the old starter box) and getting the riding legs from them. That way you don't need to buy any extra sprues.