PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Chaos question:

ThousandPlateaus
07-09-2006, 21:12
O.k - bear with me - I'm new at this and this is probably a dumb question.
If I give a unit of Chaos Knights the mark of their chosen God, and I appoint them a Hero who also has the mark, have I just paid to get the same thing twice?

I have, haven't I? This is a stupid question.

kris.sherriff
07-09-2006, 21:16
Not a stupid question its better to ask then to cheat.:p
To answer no you arn't paying for the same thing twice you are giving it to two different things to allow them both to benefit.

TheWarSmith
07-09-2006, 21:20
In your book, it lists the benefits for characters and units gaining the mark. Different units/characters gain different bonuses, so no, you're not double paying.

Characters
Nurgle-fear, +1W
Tzeentch, lvl 2 or lvl 4 caster
slaanesh-immune to psych, strike first in combat
khorne-frenzy, MR(might be dispel dice)

units
nurgle-fear
tzeentch-generates 1 power die
slaanesh-immune to psych
khorne-frenzy, 1 dispel die

ThousandPlateaus
07-09-2006, 21:26
But if the Hero is leading the unit (say a Hero on a steed in a unit of Knights), wouldn't he just donate his 'causes fear' special rule to the unit whilst he's alive anyway?

TheWarSmith
07-09-2006, 21:30
absolutely not. HE himself will cause fear and he'll bestow an "immunity" to fear to the unit, but the other knights do not count as causing fear unless they have a mark which grants it to them(i.e. if the knights were marked nurgle).

this becomes important when you're dealing with "fear causing unit strength". Alone, you only count the character's US for outnumbering purposes, where if you have a fear causing unit(give it a mark), you count the character PLUS the unit's US

ThousandPlateaus
07-09-2006, 21:33
Ah! O.k, I'm with you... I last played WHFB in 1997 or so, so I'm a little rusty... :)
Thanks!

Flame
07-09-2006, 21:40
A marked character CANNOT even join a unit of a different god (so no putting a Nurgle character in a Undivided unit).

Plus, only Slaaneshi demons gain the strike first ability.

ThousandPlateaus
07-09-2006, 21:44
Hmm, better find those 50 points from somewhere again then...

and read the rulebooks! ;)