PDA

View Full Version : Tau Megaforce worth it?

Thanar
08-09-2006, 10:29
So its been 14 years since I last actively played 40k and I'm looking to get back into the hobby....so I need a new army.

I'm thinking about Tau or Eldar but, am wondering if the Tau Megaforce would be a good starting point or get the new Eldar Army instead?

Advice warmly welcome :-)

Keravin
08-09-2006, 10:33
If you're interested in Tau then I think the new Megaforce is a very good deal and gives you a lot of scope to expand from. It also doesn't suffer from having Kroot in it which annoys some Tau players.

Once I've got some spare cash I'm planning on getting one to almost singehandedly finish off all my purchases for my Tau.

Griffin
08-09-2006, 10:35
Depends If you know your gonna be able to paint all those mini's the Tau mega force is a hell of saving. If you like the eldar style more go with them. Ultimately pick the models with the best look and history that you feel comfortable with.

Try Again Bragg
08-09-2006, 10:57
Seems like you're too old to be playing Tau. I thought almost every Tau player was below 18. ^_^

J/K Go with whatever you like best. Either are good armies with great looking models.

GrimZAG
08-09-2006, 11:05
I would wait until the eldar megaforce comes out and then compare them

synapse
08-09-2006, 12:45
If an eldar megaforce comes out... 'nids dont have one yet and judging by what's in the chaos one, im not too cure i want to see what the edlar one is like (especially if its anything like the edler battleforce... ugh).

The elder armybox, however, is very interesting.

lessthanjeff
08-09-2006, 14:50
I bought the Tau Megaforce because it's amazing and pretty much all the units I wanted. I haven't opened and started on it yet though because it looks like my roommate is pretty much already quitting the game again and we don't have a store by me to play or anything. I may still put it together and paint it just because it was such a good deal and who knows what the future will bring. (By the way, I'm over 18 too...)

lord_blackfang
08-09-2006, 16:12
You're paying 100 quid for 150 worth of models, and all of them are useful on the battlefield. Looks like a very good deal to me. (in fact I'll be getting one as soon as my wallet can handle it)

TheWarSmith
08-09-2006, 16:20
Yeah, looks like a very good deal. I don't play 40k anymore, but tau tempt me all the time, along with new eldar.

I'd thought about getting a battleforce, but I'd pretty much not save anything cause I hate kroot.

vlorlich
08-09-2006, 16:47
The Tau Megaforce is a good deal for sure.

smokingmonkee
08-09-2006, 17:02
Yeah, looks like a very good deal. I don't play 40k anymore, but tau tempt me all the time, along with new eldar.

I'd thought about getting a battleforce, but I'd pretty much not save anything cause I hate kroot.

I guess since there's no kroot in the Megaforce you'll be even more tempted?

fracas
08-09-2006, 19:12
only glitch i see is that there are only 20 firewarriors
squads an take up to 12 and since i usually load up on troopers i find this odd and annoying

lessthanjeff
08-09-2006, 20:43
Yeah the number 20 did kind of bother me. I didn't know if there were any smaller packs of fire warriors or anything. Maybe I should just buy more 2megaforces, then I'll have enough fire warriors for 5 full squads, not to mention the full complement of 3 tanks, 3 squads of piranhas, and the stealth teams and crisis suits.