PDA

View Full Version : Pick me an army for a Tale of X Gamers.

LemonPotato
08-09-2006, 16:17
I cannot decide on an army to create for the a tale of x gamers, to be built for the carnage tournament next year.

At the moment I am listed as doing a bretonian army but every list I have written out somehow turns to cheese! This is not my aim for carnage.

So I am starting this poll so that you guys can decide what army I should build. And dont worry there are guys that can make sure that I keep to this.

Note: The empire choice need to be specified as to which to do, either middenheimers out of the SoC book or a militia army. I will not build a standard army as I already have one.

Also with the daemonic legion I need to know which god that you would like to see it aligned to etc.

Also I think it would be great if you could give me the reasons for your choice of army, thanks alot guys for voting and I will be creating the chosen army very soon.

Thanks again guys,

LemonPotato

LemonPotato
08-09-2006, 16:22
Just to let you know that I have posted a vote for wood elves as these play differently then any other army I have used.

cookiescrumble
08-09-2006, 16:32
I would pick one of the following armies, allow my vote went for dwarves:

Dwarves: I would like to see how you cope with a slow and static army. Considering many of your armies are built around a fast core, and this would provide a challenge to you. Just steer away from the gunline.

Daemonic Legion: Do a Slaanesh one, just because i have never seen one and the slaaneshi daemons are fantastic.

WarSmith7
08-09-2006, 16:48
I voted for the Ogre Kingdoms, they are a very balanced list which makes it difficult to abuse and play somewhat like Bretonnia (which you were signed for correct?).

Pravus
08-09-2006, 17:01
I voted dwarfs but more specifically consider doing an army of traditionalists - no black powder or fancy shennanigans like flame cannons. Just axes, crossbows and the odd grudgethrower. Lets see what a bit of bloody minded stubborness can do in a tournament

DeathMasterSnikch
08-09-2006, 17:04
Dwarves (Hell to GW spelling), As long as I don't see loads of mono pose BfSP things then I'll be happy :)

Voltaire
08-09-2006, 17:06
I said Lizardmen because I think there is a lot of scope for conversion in them because of their high amount of plastics. This means you'd be getting the most out of your plastics.

Lumpsack
08-09-2006, 17:14
You want plastics and not too many mini's try the ogres.

McMullet
08-09-2006, 17:48
Ogres would be fun to model and are a challenge to play, but I voted Dwarfs because, well, they're Dwarfs and Dwarfs are just cool. :cool:

god octo
08-09-2006, 19:28
i voted woodies, as they are my army! sorry!

Dat Wildboy
08-09-2006, 19:38
i voted for brettonians, but i'd like to combine it with this idea.... undead brettonians- men at arms make great grave guard when given the odd skeleton head and skeleton sword arm.

include 2 units of black knights and fill out your core with zombies with pitchforks and scythes etc to give them a farmer look. then have your blood dragon vampire paladin on a winged knightmare with a griffon's head. and a dark damsel as your necromancer- a banshee in an interested colour cheme should do this easily.

have a load of zombie horses using the knight's warhorses with a few knightmare bits counting as dire wolves maybe.

your black knights can be knights of the realm on the skeletal horses.
have a unit of skeletons with the men at arms's halberds

a whole host of plastic conversions and they are undead too! relatively cheap as well!

monstallion
08-09-2006, 19:43
I voted for Dwarves as there was not many at the last Carnage tournie, they are a nice army which you can theme really well. Do a traditionalist hold with no black powder of gyrocopters, a engineer themed force canons and other things that go boom everywhere with miners (seem to go together for me). Heck Ive even converted my slayer army in to a throng of karak kadrin. Dwarves rock and they aint girly like elves :D

TheWarSmith
08-09-2006, 19:43
Dwarves (Hell to GW spelling), As long as I don't see loads of mono pose BfSP things then I'll be happy :)

HERETIC!!!! The pluralization of dwarf spelled "dwarves" is legal copyright of Wizards of the Coast. You will be sued and fined in less time than a dwarf magic phase.

Bretonnians are just a beautiful force when the time is taken to paint them right. Screw it being cheesy, just tell them to take cannons.

DeathMasterSnikch
08-09-2006, 19:59
HERETIC!!!! The pluralization of dwarf spelled "dwarves" is legal copyright of Wizards of the Coast. You will be sued and fined in less time than a dwarf magic phase.

To hell with them too!

Dwarves have poor plastics of late but an army of them looks sooo goood :)

McMullet
08-09-2006, 20:46
There was actually an undead army using Bretonnian models at the last Carnage tournie, owned by Danger Rat unless I'm mistaken... Here they are in action with Samael's Nurgley Daemon army:

http://samroberts.fotopic.net/p27383899.html
http://samroberts.fotopic.net/p27383900.html

Apologies for the poor pictures, but the lighting in Warhammer World sucks. :(

DeathMasterSnikch
08-09-2006, 21:04
Wow...nice army.

Could always do it the other way round.

Brettonian rules - Undead Models
Undead rules - Brettonian Models

Dat Wildboy
08-09-2006, 21:23
thats what i mean- undead rules, brettonian nodels with plenty of vampire counts models in too.

basically so it is mainly plastic and half the price and twice the convertability of a mainly metal army.

lots of zombies, 1 unit of skeletons and 2 units of knights. a unit of dire wolves, a unit of grave guard, a necro-damsel and a vampire count.

should work out quite nicely in looks, cost and playability.

zak
09-09-2006, 08:27
I voted for Dark Elves. There a highly mobile strike force, which have far more interesting models than the other two Elves. In fact the Dark Elves have the best miniature range out there and when fully painted are a daunting prospect for any gamer.

Dogskills
09-09-2006, 14:11
Papa Nurgle wants it thats why.

LemonPotato
13-09-2006, 14:04
Well thanks for voting everybody, I have noticed that wood elves are the clear winners with dwarves following behind. (I know it hasnt finished yet but noone more seems to be voting so I will cut it short here.)

However the thing that has me interested is that nobody who voted for wood elves didnt seem to give a good reason, is this because there can be no good reason for doing them.....

Also another member of my party is already taking wood elves and so I have decided that the dwarfs are going to be the army I build, people have given good reasons of why to do this and also I want to do a traditionalist army. So no gunline then I guess.....

I will be posting reports on carnage events: www.carnage-events.com so keep a look out for them. Have already written out a few lists that I wouldnt mind trying, one contained 110 dwarves in 2000 points!

Once again I would like to thank everyone who voted your vote did count although I am doing dwarfs :D

LemonPotato

truthsayer
13-09-2006, 14:39
Well thanks for voting everybody, I have noticed that wood elves are the clear winners with dwarves following behind. (I know it hasnt finished yet but noone more seems to be voting so I will cut it short here.)

However the thing that has me interested is that nobody who voted for wood elves didnt seem to give a good reason, is this because there can be no good reason for doing them.....

Also another member of my party is already taking wood elves and so I have decided that the dwarfs are going to be the army I build, people have given good reasons of why to do this and also I want to do a traditionalist army. So no gunline then I guess.....

I will be posting reports on carnage events: www.carnage-events.com so keep a look out for them. Have already written out a few lists that I wouldnt mind trying, one contained 110 dwarves in 2000 points!

Once again I would like to thank everyone who voted your vote did count although I am doing dwarfs :D

LemonPotato

Do something a little different and try an anvil of doom, bsb with the movement banner type moving army. take the fight to the enemy!