PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves Tournament list

Teronas
08-09-2006, 20:39
Im going to participate in a Fantasy tournament in November so i thought it would be a great idea to write it now, post it here so that you can help me out.
The point limit for the tournament is 1999p.

So heres the list.

Waywatcher noble: The bow of Loren, Talisman of Protection.
160p

Spellsinger: lvl2 wizard, longbow, divination orb and dispel scroll
175p

Branchwraith: lvl1 wizard, an annoyance of netlings, a murder of spites.
165p

Glade guard: musician, standar bearer with Saemrath-the banner of the zenith, Lords bowman, longbows. 10st
169p

Glade guard: Lords bowman, musician, standard bearer longbows. 10st
144p

2x scouts: lords bowman, longbows. 6st in each unit.
216p

Dryads: Branch nymph, 12st
156p
Dryads: branch nymph, 12st
156p

Glade riders: Horsemaster, standard bearer, musician, spear & longbow 8st
228p

228p

Wardancer troupe: Bladesinger, musician 9st
183p

Total points for this army 1980p

Comments is apriciated.

Teronas
09-09-2006, 11:24
I could use a little help here.

jahorin
09-09-2006, 12:19
hi, i've been playing wood elves since the came out again. i can give you some pointers, and my opinion.

characters:
why a waywatcher noble? you don't even have a unit of waywatcher... he's going to feel lonely out there in the woods. why not take a wardancer, with the blades of loec? or if you really want a lonely character go with the classic alter noble, but under the 7th ed rules i would strongly recommand that you take briarsheat for additional shooting protection.

i would replace one or your spites by cluster of radiant, the additional dispel dice will be handy.if you want a more static branchwraith keep the murder, but if you intend to make her fight into battle than go with annoyance.

core

drop the standard in your unit of glade guard. also drop the champion, these are point not well spent. +1 WS isn't worth a champion. you might want to consider the banner that prevent march moving at 12" with one of your unit of scout. again same comment, drop the champion.

glade riders, i would go for 3 unit of 6 riders no standard, no champion. why 8? have you consider taking some wild riders? they really can give you a nice charge especially when flanking with some glade riders in the front.

as for the dryad i would reduce the unit number to 10 including the champion. that's my optimal number, maybe you can proove me wrong.

that's about it. it's a good base but it need a bit of tweaking here and there. have fun at your tournament.

Von Wibble
09-09-2006, 12:37
I agree with most of the comments already made.

I prefer Dryads in blocks of 12 but don't think its too big a change.

The Glade riders and scouts provide 4 disruption units. I don't think you need all that. Lose a block of Scouts. Drop both Glade Riders to 6 with just a musician. Thats 258pts saved. Lose the command groups from the Glade Guard. Thats another 60.

I agree with the Wardancer Noble not Waywatcher. The Bow of Loren really isn't that good unless combined with magic arrows.

with the points saved i would choose between 3 Treekin and a Waywatcher unit or a Treeman. The army needs more combat punch than it has.

If you choose the former, drop the other unit of scouts and replace it with Glade Riders. If the latter, drop the Dryads to 10 per block and you should now have enough for 5 Wardancers.

god octo
09-09-2006, 18:11
i agree with all that has been said- a waywatcher kindred isnt very good, and 8 glade riders with command is silly. Also, i would get rid of the whole of the command for the glade guard and i would take up Vonwibble's idea of a unit of 3 treekin and a unit of waywatchers. Both units are very good and the treekin are very survivable.

Teronas
09-09-2006, 19:00
I want the list to be shooty with shock troop dryads and fast glade rider units supported by Glade guard and Scouts.
With the Wardancers as a elite close comabt unit to put in cc when and where its needed.

So i see some good suggestions with changeing the waywatcher noble into a wardancer and lowering some numbers to get some other units in.

So the suggestions simplified is like this.

Change noble into wardancer noble.
Lower numbers in glade rider units and remove the champion and standard.
Remove the banner and champion in glade guard units.
Remove champion in scout units.
Lower numbers in Dryad units.
Change wargear for Branchwraith.
Use the left over points for Treeman, waywatchers or Wild riders.

Have i asumed this correctly?

On a side note i haven't resived my 7th Ed Rulebook yeat.

god octo
10-09-2006, 13:33
yes that sounds about correct. On the branchwraithe- i find a cluster of radients and annoyance of netlings very good- my branchwraithe held up and ran down a HE dragon lord over 3 turns.

Teronas
10-09-2006, 13:37
I have thought of your comments and so i have made this list.
I hope its a little better.

Wardancer Noble: Blades of Loec
140p

Spellsinger: Lvl2, longbow divination orb, dispel scroll.
175p

Branchwraith:lvl1, An annoyance of Netlings, a cluster of radiants.
165p

Glade guard: 10st Musician, longbows.
126p

Glade guard: 10st Musician, longbows.
126p

Scouts: 6st longbows.
102p

Scouts: 6st longbows.
102p

Glade rider: 6st, Musician, longbows and spear.
153p

Glade rider: 6st, Musician, longbows and spear.
153p

Dryads: 12st, branch nymph
156p

Dryads: 12st, branch nymph
156p

Wardancer troupe: 8st, bladesinger and a musician.

Wild riders: 8st, wild hunter, musician, standard bearer with saemrath the banner of the zenith.
269p

Great eagle.
50p

Total points for the army is 1990p

I tried to add a few Waywatchers but it didn't work, it wen't over the points limit for the tournament.

Comments is highly apriciated.

I use my branchwraith as a General killer and that works verywell

god octo
10-09-2006, 13:41
you could use your last 50 points to get a great eagle- they are very useful and are cheap, so you can sacrifice them to deal with frienzied troops, for example. Also, at 1999 points, i wouldnt include the divination orb, as your opponent will have to use 4 dice, something not possible with a lvl 2 mage at best.

Teronas
10-09-2006, 13:50
A great eagle?...... why not and it puts the points closer to the limit.
I think i will keep the divination orb because with experiense i have learnt that i will face spellcasters some good and some weak, so i'll save it for those powerful ones and you'll never know when it might be usefull.

god octo
10-09-2006, 20:12
the divination orb only gives you another dice if they caster uses over 3 dice, aka 4 dice. Lvl 2 mages cannot use 4 dice, unless the they use a powerstone. I would swap it for anothert scroll, which is definite protection.

Teronas
10-09-2006, 21:53
I need to think about that but what you suggest is a possible option.
It will also cover much of the enemy spellcasting.

popisdead
01-10-2006, 02:54
Waywatcher noble: The bow of Loren, Talisman of Protection.

So an elf with no armour, that shoots 3 S3 shots per turn without killing blow. So totally useless.

Spellsinger: lvl2 wizard, longbow, divination orb and dispel scroll

Looks ok.

Branchwraith: lvl1 wizard, an annoyance of netlings, a murder of spites.

Both spites might be excessive.

Glade guard: musician, standar bearer with Saemrath-the banner of the zenith, Lords bowman, longbows. 10st

wow expensive unit. most people (sane ones) only ever take 10 w/ a musician.

Glade guard: Lords bowman, musician, standard bearer longbows. 10st
see above.

2x scouts: lords bowman, longbows. 6st in each unit.

just take a single unit of 5.

Dryads: Branch nymph, 12st
156p
Dryads: branch nymph, 12st

Just take 8, no unit champ.

Just take 5 w/ a musician. maybe 6.

See above.

Wardancer troupe: Bladesinger, musician 9st

great!

Change everything but your wardancer unit.