PDA

View Full Version : What has happend to ask the Commisar!?

Mr.terminatorbob
09-09-2006, 02:04
As the title says what in the name of the empeor is going on! What has happend to the loveable 916 plus post count "Ask the Commisar thread" Why must the good die young!!:cries:

Ok so Lets try to start the ask the commisar thread agian. Basicly someone asks a question about 40k background,then someone answears thier question and so on and so on.

Khaine's Messenger
09-09-2006, 02:10
For future reference, the old (warseer) version of the thread is >here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6493)<.

Also of note is the >FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8688)<.

Reading through either one of them can save time, but don't be discouraged....

Drogmir
09-09-2006, 03:08
Here's a question. Why do Tau and Humans have such cultural clashes? I mean can't they ally with each other as opposed to the whole

Imperium: YOu're alien so you must DIE!

Tau: YOu will not become a 2nd class citizen under our ruloe governemtn and flag? THEN DIE!!

Ivan Stupidor
09-09-2006, 04:40
Here's a question. Why do Tau and Humans have such cultural clashes? I mean can't they ally with each other as opposed to the whole

Imperium: YOu're alien so you must DIE!

Tau: YOu will not become a 2nd class citizen under our ruloe governemtn and flag? THEN DIE!!

Big picture? Because their ultimate goals are in direct conflict with each other (and every other major faction, with the possible exception of the orks - FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! can be satisified no matter who owns the galaxy). The Imperium is an insular, xenophobic bureaucratic monstrosity of a galaxy-spanning empire for a very good reason - every alien they've encountered has ultimately (or immediately) turned on them. There's no reason to let the tau live; their propaganda is more subtle than, say, an ork WAAGH!, but both are dire threats to the lives and purity of the Imperial worlds and citizens involved.
As for the Tau Empire, the Imperium is a massive, overextended, slothful, and incredibly hostile galactic power. They might pick off a world here and there - they can deal with individual humans just fine - but the Imperium as a whole is unassailable. It's been around for ten thousand years, almost twice as long as the tau race has had fire[i], and contains over a million worlds and quadrillions of citizens. It's incomprehensively huge, incomprehesively old, and it's only luck that kept them from being squashed like a bug under its armoured heel.

Ahem. Where was I? Ah yes. On the small scale, alliances of convenience are possible ([i]Fire Warrior being the first that springs to mind), but these are strictly local and very temporary affairs. The ingrained (I'd say almost instinctive; it's been going on for at least ten thousand years!) xenophobia of the Imperium, coupled with its vast size (I doubt the tau have a real comprehesion of just how big the damn thing is, and no one who could speak for the whole Imperium would ever make a trip all the way out to the metaphorical **** end of nowhere to speak to some dime-a-dozen xeno-scum ambassador) and the Tau Empire's obviously manifest destiny in the Tau'va, prevent any alliance. There's a fundamental cultural difference that's insurmountable.

Or, one supposes, the short version: Because that's how GW made them.

Sojourner
09-09-2006, 09:06
Ever wonder how pissed off the Tau would be when they find out how many total genocides the Imperium is responsible for?

It's only a matter of time before they get hold of an Inquisitor and place him on 'trial'. Total authority equates to total responsibility for everything his species has ever done.

And after that, it's only a matter of time before one pleads 'guilty'....

muskrat
09-09-2006, 14:57
Tau are space commies, that's why. Commies and fascists simply can't get along.

Also- the Tau are responsible for their share of mass genocides also, namely: (insert any planet that would not join the Greater Good here)

Goq Gar
09-09-2006, 15:37
Tau are space commies, that's why. Commies and fascists simply can't get along.

Also- the Tau are responsible for their share of mass genocides also, namely: (insert any planet that would not join the Greater Good here)

Well you cant blame the Tau, they've got to face the imperium! and they cant afford unused resources. Besides, life in the empire is better than life outside it. Protection and all.

ML Kurze
09-09-2006, 19:45
I've got another question: where is the great Brusilov himself? Has he perished, gone to another sector or returned to the real world:p?

Kage2020
09-09-2006, 23:37
I've got a feeling that he has gone the way of many of the old hats of the Portent/Warseer: away. There are very few of us hanging around from those days. I would call them the "good 'ole days", but that would be "Golden Age Doctrine" all over again and I'm sick of that with GW! ;)

Kage

ML Kurze
10-09-2006, 08:02
I've got a feeling that he has gone the way of many of the old hats of the Portent/Warseer: away. There are very few of us hanging around from those days. I would call them the "good 'ole days", but that would be "Golden Age Doctrine" all over again and I'm sick of that with GW! ;)

Kage
Just refer to the older band as the 'Golden Men'. The younger pups of portent who migrated can be known as Stone Men. I've always wanted to be one of those :p

Colonel Jacka
15-10-2006, 13:25
I've got another question: where is the great Brusilov himself? Has he perished, gone to another sector or returned to the real world:p?

Well! Let me see! Brucy has made a choice to follow a career that leads him little time to continue with us! :( He left without saying goodbye because he was just like that. I feel that he will return. A lot of us kept expecting the Commisar Lord to turn up during the Medusa V Campaign. Sadly he did not. I am sure that he was lurking at the odd time. And that he was pleased with the success of his beloved IG. I just hope that he does return one day as his knowleadge of the 40K world was second to none by Pius.

ML Kurze
15-10-2006, 13:37
@Colonel Jacka

It's good to hear he's somewhere doing fine.

Easy E
15-10-2006, 13:47
Out of curiosity what was his career? Was it Archeology?

No, I think that was Kage2020.

Colonel Jacka
15-10-2006, 13:59
Out of curiosity what was his career? Was it Archeology?

Hmmmmm! :eyebrows: I think we will hear of Brusilov on the world stage one day. ;) A very smart lad that one for a Guardsmen! :D

Outlaw289
15-10-2006, 16:41
I think Brusilov is doing something with business and political scientist. He was quite the capitalist in a few AIM conversations I had with him. I wish him luck.

Kage2020
15-10-2006, 20:27
Well, archaeology or biological/physical anthropology. Take your pick. Really does depend on which qualifications you select... ;)

Kage