PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts Mortal Chaos

Greylock
09-09-2006, 03:00
Hey guys, I'm new to WHFB and I recently picked up the Chaos 'dex from ebay, so here is my very first list.

Exalted Champion - 232pts
Berserker sword, Shield, Juggernaut, Mark of Khorne

20 Marauders - 163pts
Flails, Full Command

20 Marauders - 163pts
Flails, Full Command

10 Chaos Warriors - 232pts
Chosen, Champion, Great Weapons

5 Warhounds - 30
5 Warhounds - 30

5 Marauder Horsemen - 75
Flails, Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen - 75
Flails, Musician

Models: 71
Total: 1000

Now to be honest, I haven't touched the BRB of any edition, but I come from 3rd Ed. 40k (Eldar) so I have some idea of what I'm doing. :D So don't go easy on my list, since it will be expensive to put together.

Timber_Wolf
09-09-2006, 14:43
Great weapon on the champion

Full Command, 2 Spears

well, you can´t equip a part of your guys the one and the other half the other way :), even the champs wear the same stuff their comrades do (except you take a champ from the hero section)

Neknoh
09-09-2006, 15:17
Don't confuse him.

The upgrade is bought for the entire unit, barring some unique cases such as Phoenixguard Commanders and the Dark Elf City Garrison List.

As for the list itself, Fast Cavalry does not benefit from Rank Bonuses, and the Berserker Sword would be a lot better if you put the character on a daemonic steed instead of a normal Chaos Steed, however, when on a Daemonic Steed, the Enchanted Shield is to be strongly reckomended as well.

Your Marauders are One Hit Wonders, they'll either do a great round1 and break the enemy, or they'll do a decent round 1 but still be locked in fighting, in which case, they'll loose out on vital Combat Resolution the next round.

I also prefer not to take Full Commands on my Marauder Horsemen, Flails and a Musician is all that a unit of those actually needs.

So, the changes I propose would be:

Merge the Marauders into 2 units of 20 with Lightarmour, Shields and Full Command (or perhaps even 2 units of 25). Drop any remaining Marauders.

Now, mount your Exalted Champion on a Daemonic Steed, swap his Shield for the Enchanted Shield and give the Warriors Greatweapons (all of the unit), remove their standard and field them as a 6 or 7 wide Flanker unit to act together with your Marauders and simply put out a world of hurt.

Split your Marauder Horsemen into 2 groups of 5, both being armed with Flails and containing a Musician each.

Also, get two more Warhounds and create two units of 5 for redirecting and baiting enemies as well as screening, or, alternatively, get another five Warhounds and put your Exalted together with them when he's on his daemonic Steed, that'll be a M7 (or is it 8?) unit with a 2+ rank bonus and one helluva lot of attacks as well as US 29 or 30.

Greylock
09-09-2006, 16:16
Thanks for the advice Neknoh, I changed up my list and had 66pts to spare, so I stuck a spawn in there. He seems like he will be good at holding units in combat for a while.

Neknoh
09-09-2006, 16:26
Looking better, however, you have to have at least 10 Chaos Warriors, so you might have to drop the Spawn for them.

Also, as I said, Lightarmour and Shield would be a great addition to your Marauders rather than the flails, and for any extra points you may have left after getting 3 more warriors and swapping Flails for Lightarmour and Shields, I'd suggest looking over the different marks and see if you find something which you can afford to put on your Exalted, I do know for a fact that when the points can be found, Exalted Champion with the Mark of Khorne, Berserker Sword and riding a Juggernaut puts out a world of hurt.

Greylock
10-09-2006, 02:35
Well, this army was originally Khorne with all warriors, but after some reading I was lead to believe that warriors are too costly and frenzy is a liability.

Ignore the flails, I forgot to change them to shields, same points though. What if I lower the marauder squads, pump up the champion, and make the warriors chosen to fill in points? It would mean that I have to buy one less box of marauders ;)