PDA

View Full Version : The Battle for Skull Pass

Bloodthirster90
09-09-2006, 22:19
Hi.
Since this is my first delve into Fantasy, I'm going to make a project of it. I've 'assembled' a squad of gobbo spears and dwarven warriors. I'll post pics when I get the chance. Before I start to paint them, I'm going to build them all, so expect only to see grey for the first week (or more, depending on what homework I get set.)

Rest assured, I will finish this.
BT90 :skull:

Bloodthirster90
14-09-2006, 20:10
I know the pics have been a while in coming, but I have had a bit of homework to do (or Independant Studies as they tend to call it now) and I apologise for the lack of progress shown in these two pics.
The first pic is of the model (not including spider riders) that require me to take the mold lines off, while the second pic shows all the models currently awaiting a lick of paint.

EDIT: ignore the space marines in the back of the no mold lines pic. i couldnt be bothered to move them out of the way.

Bloodthirster90
16-09-2006, 14:50
well, these minis are still kinda WiP but i'm sure you want to see some painted stuff, so i deliver. For now they're just to test the colour schemes. I've seen so many night gobbo robes that are black, sut i lookd on the skull pass books and they have blue robes, so that's what i've used.

C&C welcomed.

god octo
17-09-2006, 10:47
i like the colour scheme on the gobbo- what colours did you use on the robes?

Bloodthirster90
17-09-2006, 11:29
I used a chaos black undercoat, followed by a blue ink wash, then 2 thinned down layers of midnight blue.

Here's a small update on the dwarf i showed yesterday. he needs a bit of cleaning up, as does the gobbo, but that will be dealt with at a later date.

god octo
17-09-2006, 11:33
he looks fine! Is the green catachan green?

Bloodthirster90
17-09-2006, 15:35
nope, gobbo green mixed with a small amount of black. about 75/25 i think.

Bloodthirster90
04-10-2006, 21:21
*bump*
weeel, a rather large update for ye my friends. after 3 hours solid of paining last night, I've given the dwarves some chainmail bits, beard colour, weapons and the arms. I've also done a few gobbo champs and bosses.

This update shows off the gobbos. The shortbow champ, Goblin Big Boss Dagskar Earscapper with squig Chuckie, the 2 spearman champs and the shaman. They mightn't be the best of pictures, but they'll have to do.
Next post will have as many of teh dwarves as i can fit in it, with the following on showing off more if need be.

Bloodthirster90
04-10-2006, 21:23
Look sir, dwarves!
They're still a bit WiP, but tell me what you think.