PDA

View Full Version : Kroot Mercenary Force

TwilightOdyssey
10-09-2006, 00:51
Has anyone seen this list? It looks like it would be fun to try out!

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/tau/gaming/kroot_armylist/default.htm

fracas
10-09-2006, 02:40
this is not the same as the original kroot merc list as evidenced by the revised krootox unit listing:
"Squad:The herd numbers 10-20 Kroot on foot and 3-5 Krootox."
however, they forgot to list the point cost for the krootox

interesting enough, the rule "eater of the dead" remain listed.

Horus38
10-09-2006, 04:22
A friend at a club I game at has a kroot mercenary army. Standard 1,500 point list has about 150 models. From what I can tell it is pretty much just a giant meatshield list to swamp the enemy and allow characters to get into combat and use their big power fist style swords to do the real damage. Overall a fun list to play against that will usually lead to lots and lots of dead kroot.

snowcloak
10-09-2006, 10:31
I went up against one of these in kopenhagen GW last year. He had several great knarloks and such, as well as all sorts of mutated kroot. It was bloody and it was fun, and it was rather scary what he could have done had my guns not been so lucky...

RampagingRavener
10-09-2006, 10:48
I've always been tempted to try one-an all infiltrating, fleeting, Eviscerator-weilding bunch of aliens. Just as a small 1000 point army or something, I've been looking to get some kroot for a while now.

Wonder if I can work some Kroot Mercs into my Dark Eldar army...

kane40k
10-09-2006, 10:56
yer it is! i detatched my kroot from my tau so now ive got a kroot merc army and they hash nids and orks and marines easy but i never tried them againsed any others but they rock! :D

Desert Rat
10-09-2006, 18:26
I'm putting together several squads for my I.G. army. I use the Megasaur and Xeno-mounts from Chapter Approved in my army and am converting the kroot to have lizardman heads and other parts to use as native auxilliary/scouts for my I.G.

So far I only have one shaper painted and eight "kroot" assembled. I'm interested to see how they can help my I.G. in hth.

Inquisitor_Pink
10-09-2006, 18:55
I love my Kroot army. They are pink and purple and fun to play with. Some of the wargear and mutation options are pretty funky. So yeh do it, you know you want to.

TwilightOdyssey
10-09-2006, 19:32
I'm glad to see that some people are already using Kroot forces.
I would like to get a few to add to my Eldar army, but that's a long way down the road .. still gotta complete my army first!

Grotsnik
10-09-2006, 19:45
Seen them played in several RTs. They always get slaughtered by anyone with armored vehicles.
They are a neat army and have a lot of different type units. But with no anti-tank capability they are at a severe disadvantage.:D

Bregalad
11-09-2006, 01:05
This Kroot mercenary list seems to be exactly the same as the well known one, except for some reediting and the forgotten stats for the Krootox. Even this version is up for quite some time, so nothing new. Not updated for 4th edition, so mentioning the "eater of the dead rule" is no surprise.
For an unofficial extended list, have a look at the "Kodex Kroot", that has real Krootox herds, rocket launchers and one vehicle:
http://groups.msn.com/kompletelykroot/kodexkroot.msnw (->Kroot Kodex (Site Codex)).
If you have problems downloading it, PM me for a copy and some further Kroot material.

Still missing are the Knarlocs from Imperial Armour 3.

chris_valera
11-09-2006, 02:02
You can play them, and they're alright, but with only a Kroot Ox to provide fire support, you'll get raped by anything armor-based.

--Chris

GrimZAG
11-09-2006, 03:53
needs more anti-tank

Iron_Wolves
11-09-2006, 05:45
needs more anti-tank

Nah,,in RTT here in the states not to many people play with tanks, so they need other upgrades more than anti-tank. One upgrade I think that they need is a "mob rule" like the orks have.

Inquisitor_Pink
11-09-2006, 10:24
shaper council with eviscerators or melta guns starting 12 inches away from your tanks. Ok if they don't get the first turn they are pretty bummed but any tank commander that underestimates their tank destroying capability my find himself with a few melty tanks:D.