PDA

View Full Version : The 7th Edition GW Party at the Mills

Crazy Harborc
10-09-2006, 02:21
Friday night GW St.Louis Mills, Hazelwood, Mo.USA.......an official launching party was held. The manager said all the offical GW stores in the USA were hosting a "event" to kick off 7th Edition.

It all got started in the afternoon. There was a RTT. There were a fair number of door prizes, blisters, boxes, limited edition goodies, posters, good stuff, not junk. The grand prize give away was...........a collectors edition, box and all. The guy was happy.....now he's got one.;)

Last night was a promotional event that was first class. The evening was kept moving, quizes, games to watch (that tournie). Some regulars did a couple of games.........4000 points of Orc/Goblins versus Dwarves. fluff and rules questionaires with prizes.

After the mall (indoor one) was closed, there just had to be a Waaaaaghh, yelling contest. THAT gave the mall security a thrill:D I judged and kept MY voice.

It was a fun evening, a real promotional event that I really didn't expect from GW. Free food/pizza, plenty to go around, soft drinks too. At midnight we stormed the cash register:evilgrin:

IMHO, GW, USA, GW St.Louis Mills did good. It was the kind of event that gives old and new customers a feeling of being appreciated. Here's hoping this was just the beginning of "customers are appreciated at GW" attitudes.

Ethereal
10-09-2006, 04:59
i agree with you, we put a lot into the hobby and so do they. 7th edition launch was a nice reminder of that relationship between gw and its customers. As for my stores grand prize it was the same as yours, and who won it? ME!!!!

The Winslow
10-09-2006, 05:12
We some how stumbled into an unofficial party at my shop. A practice session for an upcoming tournament turned into 20 people playing until 2am. Pizza and much dice rolling, arguing about the new rules. Good fun.

Morskittar
10-09-2006, 18:12
Your store actually had the preorders available?

The Winslow
11-09-2006, 01:21
Not sure who's store your asking about, but at mine 7th edition was up for sale as soon as it hit the shop on Wednesday afternoon. There was a very large pile that melted down quite quickly.

Morskittar
11-09-2006, 06:29
Not sure who's store your asking about, but at mine 7th edition was up for sale as soon as it hit the shop on Wednesday afternoon. There was a very large pile that melted down quite quickly.

Apparently GWUS had some issues with the Special and Gamer's editions in particular: sending them to the wrong folks. They gave me the impression that not a single retail US store had either to fill preorders.

The Winslow
11-09-2006, 14:46
There was some mixup with the warehouse mailing out special editions instead of gamers. They are correcting it this week.

My shops are independent, not GW, so not sure how it affected them. We got in the special editions, gamers coming next week, but we knew far ahead of time our gamers would be late, as they are out of the big overrun they did.

Major Thom
11-09-2006, 19:50
Sadly all the pre-orders for the store I play at haven't arrived yet. So I still have not gotten my copy.

Crazy Harborc
12-09-2006, 00:28
As far as I could tell ALL the pre-ordered goodies were received and those who ordered the coffee table editions got them too at/after the party. We heard nothing Friday night about delays or misdirected shipments.

Major Thom
12-09-2006, 13:44
It's probably just due to the vagaries of the shipping world.

Dspankdo
12-09-2006, 14:19
Unfortunately for us here in nz, there was no such party just a day full of intro games.