PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed that..

inq.serge
10-09-2006, 11:16
You probably noticed that Gork'll fixit, is a good spell, that makes units to auto fail light armour, flee slowly and often miscast, but, have you noticed that oponents of T5+ auto pass T-tests, even the elves have a bigger chance to pass T-Tests, and units can't roll 12 on LD? I hope you can cast this spell on your own troops (especialy against Banshee heavy VC lists).

Edit: and I5+ models ingnores Mork wants ya!?

DeathlessDraich
10-09-2006, 11:27
Auto pass? Most T tests auto fails on a 6.

Avian
10-09-2006, 11:42
You probably noticed that Gork'll fixit, is a good spell, that makes units to auto fail light armour, flee slowly and often miscast, but, have you noticed that oponents of T5+ auto pass T-tests, even the elves have a bigger chance to pass T-Tests, and units can't roll 12 on LD? I hope you can cast this spell on your own troops (especialy against Banshee heavy VC lists).
I don't recall Gork'll fix it having any effect on Toughness tests or, indeed any tests.

IIRC it effects to hit and to wound rolls, armour and ward saves and spellcasting.

inq.serge
10-09-2006, 12:10
To DD: The 6 couts as a 1 with Gork'll fix it.

To Avian: IIRC, Gork'll fix it makes all d6 rolls of 6 couts as 1.
And:

3. Gork'll fix it - An enemy unit has to count all 6's as ones untill the end of the caster's next magic phase...

Festus
10-09-2006, 15:02
Hi

(especialy against Banshee heavy VC lists).
Won't help a bit, as it is the Vampire player rolling the dice and comparing the units Ld (which itself is not affected).

On another note: You don't want this around while testing for Animosity :D

Festus

Asrai Wraith
10-09-2006, 16:11
To DD: The 6 couts as a 1 with Gork'll fix it.

And:

Gork will fix it simply allows you to reroll armour saves, hits etc or am I missing something?

inq.serge
10-09-2006, 16:24
To AW: We're talking about the new 7.ed. Gork'll fix it.

kris.sherriff
10-09-2006, 16:37
Is it not any unmodified roll of a 6 fails a T test so you would fail before you got to count the 6 as a 1?

Festus
10-09-2006, 17:27
Hi

It is * a roll of 6 always fail, no matter what the T really is*. As you don't roll a 6 but a 1, you cannot fail.

Festus

inq.serge
10-09-2006, 17:54
But in a "Tripple Threat" match, let say

VC vs OG vs Empire.

And the gobbo cast Gork'll fix it on a unit, and the VC casts spell number:6, what happens?

Avian
11-09-2006, 08:50
Having read the actual army book, it does NOT say that. It lists the cases in which 6s count as 1s.
For example, it does NOT apply with Leadership tests, which would have made it easier for the opponent to pass them.