PDA

View Full Version : Scenery from other games, in 40k?

Goq Gar
10-09-2006, 14:03
Yes yes, Im sure its been done a hundred times. But I wasnt here for it.

Can anyone suggest some awesome 40k scenery from a non 40k game? (say, some fantasy terrain, or a wierd futuristic game)?

Kamin_Majere
10-09-2006, 14:08
Styrofoam?:p

Seriously you can make anything you want out if it and maybe some hard board.

Other than that Epicast, armourcast, geo-hex, and quite a few others make some really decent terrain, and with a bit of converting you can make some of their pieces stellar.

Crusader29 used to make amazing buildings... but they seems to have gone out of business.

But i recomend a junk yard and a good supply of styrofoam and hardboard... nothing in the world you cant make yourself

Goq Gar
10-09-2006, 14:24
I know, we make alot of terrain out here (we just dont have enough models to play on it all XD).

Thanks for the Adv.

Goq

Buttons
11-09-2006, 18:34
Actually I've found it to be quite easy to just make my own scenary, primarily from plasticard and foamcore... Make modular blocks on 1x1 foot areas and then when doing city fights/cities of death just rearranging them for new fun happiness.

Epiccast stuff always was a bit odd in my mind. I've a bit, but it just doesn't seem to fit the scale...

Also certain large scale train models work quite well for buildings, or trees, etc.

Kegluneq
11-09-2006, 18:58
Styrofoam and cardboard boxes are your friends, for generic buildings and the like. The scenery used for model train sets (available from any model shop) is excellent for hills, ruined buildings, low walls etc - not sure how the prices compare with other wargame ranges though.

Bregalad
12-09-2006, 00:34
I made a list of non-GW material and sources. Have a look at page 6 and 7 of the following thread:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35460&page=6

One Gothic House is made from Pegasus. Armorcast made a fantastic Gothic Cathedral, that is no longer produced but still shows up in some stores and ebay.Also have a look at some Star Wars Action Fleet terrain and vehicles, that I have found useful.

Quin 242
12-09-2006, 01:14
The Platformer sets are nice. they are generic not specifically for 40K but fit well.

Hirst Arts has all thier molds to make a bajillion things as well?

Khornies & milk
12-09-2006, 07:24
Not sure if this is the same tack that you're on but-

Old Toasters, or if you're really fortunate, an old PC or Monitor - anything electrical really

are fantastic sources of all sorts of little bits and pieces which can be used for generators, transformers, radio shacks, antennas, etc.

cheers

Thylacine
12-09-2006, 11:58
Goq Gar.

I don't know if this is what your after but I am doing my CoD table with their models and I am very happy with how its coming on the castings are good and some of the models will fit the CoD Stratagems, lastly the price is good.

http://hometown.aol.com/keithmods2/myhomepage/business.html

Exactly what type of terrain did you have in mind?

Thylacine:chrome:

Starscream1138
12-09-2006, 12:58
Necromunda bulkheads and cereal box type cardboard. I'm in the process of making a quite decent looking settlement, it'll look fine in 40k or Necromunda.

Sai-Lauren
12-09-2006, 13:14
There's model railway scenery and accessories, can get everything from bridges and power pylons to fairground rides in various scales.

And of course, you could always use WFB scenery - not every world is at the same tech level. ;)

Basically, what sort of scenery do you want?

Necromunda bulkheads and cereal box type cardboard
Cereal box cardboard's a little too thin - mounting card from your local art store is better (although more expensive).

The corrugated parts from cardboard boxes is good for corrugated metal roofs and fences (use sprue offcuts as the posts)

Basically, where the cardboard is like this in cross-section

You want the bit that goes ~~~~~~~, and the external surfaces are fairly easy to take off.

Old electrical items are good for tech items, but the power cable can be stripped down and used for things like razor wire, plaited together for ropes and cables - and the plastic wire covering (if taken off carefully in decent lengths) can make good power cables in it's own right.