PDA

View Full Version : Spider Riders

DeathMasterSnikch
10-09-2006, 15:10
How do people plan on using spider riders?

With the wall crawling ability I'll most likely be setting them up on a flank and letting them crawl down the side of the battlefield ignoring any terrain that could have been used previously to protect flanks.

Anyone think they will be any use as any other role than flankers?

How bout the rest of warseer?

Edit: Just found that the rules for spider riders are posted on the GW website if anyone needs a look.

10-09-2006, 15:41
i see them used as a flank or a crossfire to destroy a fleeing unit. 2 ranks of 5 should be enough for any unit. Flanking will be great with no movement restrictions and the poison attacks. I really like them, but just wish they would have been Night Gobbo mounts instead of Common Gobbo mounts.

DeathMasterSnikch
10-09-2006, 16:14
i see them used as a flank or a crossfire to destroy a fleeing unit. 2 ranks of 5 should be enough for any unit. Flanking will be great with no movement restrictions and the poison attacks. I really like them, but just wish they would have been Night Gobbo mounts instead of Common Gobbo mounts.

That's forest to you Mr.

10-09-2006, 17:53
forest goblins have the basic mounts, but Common Goblin characters are able to ride Gigantic Spiders, hence my comment :)

10th clancannach rangers
10-09-2006, 18:03
Forest Goblins and Common Goblins are pratically the same anyway.

Gregourious
12-09-2006, 03:34
I see them primarily being used for the all terrain ability, chasing elves out of trees, or when the board is very terrain heavy.

Pravus
12-09-2006, 07:37
They look OK on paper but I think I'll reserve judgement until I see them in action. They're going to have to be pretty special to replace my wolfriders!

eldrak
12-09-2006, 09:34
They are destroyed when touching impassable terrain just like any other unit?
Might be risky to charge them trough such then if you risk losing the following battle.

Gekiganger
12-09-2006, 09:45
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. You sure it destroys them? I can understand them being destroyed if they stop in the middle of a lake (although I had no idea why GW didn't say no water features) but not a mountain of some sort.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
12-09-2006, 11:06
lustria pops up...

Pravus
12-09-2006, 12:01
I think it uses examples of a very deep pool and a cliff face in the rulebook as examples of impassable terrain. The key thing is that the unit is fleeing and the terrain is impassable, it doesn't say anything about a unit's movement ability being factored into the decision.

Falkman
12-09-2006, 12:19
Of course they are destroyed at impassable terrain, their rule only allows them to move through difficult terrain, not impassable.

warlord hack'a
12-09-2006, 15:53
I weill love them as flankers, gives me room for my wolfboyz to become screeners or even more flankers, just visualize not having to move around a forest, hedge, rublle or other such nonsense, but right through it, pulling enemy untis deep into very difficult terrain where they will never ever get out of!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
12-09-2006, 18:06
Well I will surely use them to annoy my opponent. Tommorow I will play a 750pts game and I will use some spiders with their 6ed rules(from in the back of the book) and I really look forward how it will turn out. (182models in 750pts:) )

Greetz
G