PDA

View Full Version : Codex Chaos third printing.

lomo
11-09-2006, 00:43
Dunno if this is allowed to be posted or if your allowed to tell me...

however if possible can you tell me what changes were made between the 2nd and 3rd printing of Codex chaos. I have the 2nd printing and need the 3rd for the GT, however im too tight/poor to buy it atm.

Cheers.

Wraithbored
11-09-2006, 00:48
Typo removal, I hope

Captain Optimus Metallus
11-09-2006, 02:03
I don't have a list of changes or anything, but I know that one of them was changing the Obliterator's T: 5 to T: 4 (5). So now they can be Insta-Killed by Str 8 weapons.

chris_valera
11-09-2006, 02:04
Typo removal, I hope

HA HA HA HA! :D

Oh, wait, you were serious.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! :D :D :D

The FAQ for the nesewst Chaos boox is like four pages long, most of that is because the first question is basically "Can you list all the errors is this forking book that I paid twenty bucks for?"

I don't have the third edition printing, so I can't compare and contrast, but ask away, and I'll do my best (within forum rules) to answer.

--Chris

UnRiggable
11-09-2006, 02:37
on the summray there are tons of typos, it's hilarious. I find that the new SM codex is more misunderstanding.

GrimZAG
11-09-2006, 03:46
It would be far easier to just borrow some money from anyone and buy it that list every change/mistake in the current codex

Col. Dash
11-09-2006, 03:56
you mean differences between 3rd and fourth codexes right? There were major changes to everything. From demon weapons to how to summon demons, to the various legions. Get the newer book, there really is no way around it.

Captain Optimus Metallus
11-09-2006, 04:08
you mean differences between 3rd and fourth codexes right? There were major changes to everything. From demon weapons to how to summon demons, to the various legions. Get the newer book, there really is no way around it.

He's talking about the 3rd printing. Same book, but with some minor changes inside (usually just typos and such). Besides, the last two Codex's were both for 3rd edition.

Anyway, if you're going to a GT, then just buy a new Codex. There're a few minor changes, but some of them are pretty important (Like what I mentioned, before, about Obliterators getting slight weaker. Their Toughness dropping from a 5 to a 4 (5), allowing them to be Insta-Killed by Str 8 weapons).

sephiroth87
11-09-2006, 04:50
Man, I don't really remember which is which, but I do know a lot of things have been changed. Here's a breakdown, all that I can remember.

Predator side armor changed from 12 to 11.

Obliterator toughness changed from 5 to 4(5), giving them daemonic aura.

Range changed on Defiler battlecannon to 72'' instead of 60''.

Berserker Glaive is not allowed to be used with other modes of transportation like flight.

Tzeentch Lords are fearless just like the rest of the cult-marked characters.

I'm sure there are more of them but I'm drawing a blank right now. If I can still find the link to the 3rd edition FAQ, that's where all the changes are.

BrainFireBob
11-09-2006, 06:22
Typo removal, I hope

Man, someone is an optimist.

lomo
11-09-2006, 08:04

No I mean the difference between printings, the current codex chaos hasnt been re-printed 3 times.

lomo
11-09-2006, 08:06

cry. not that much of a difference i suppose

(Evil)Ash
11-09-2006, 19:16
It would be far easier to just borrow some money from anyone and buy it that list every change/mistake in the current codex

Not from what I've heard, apparently you can't make out the difference (through a line that says 3rd print of something) so you need a idea of what has changed to tell the difference. and you can't be sure the store actually has the 'latest' version (I've seen that some stores still sell the old (version 1) codex Dark Eldar :eyebrows:

oh btw the best GW Typo ever would be page 59 of the CoD book: "Every man is a but spark in the darkness." :D

greetz,:evilgrin:

ps. So can someone with the Berserker Glaive still use deamonic speed (which looks a bit to good to be true)?

Xander-K
11-09-2006, 19:25
Man, I don't really remember which is which, but I do know a lot of things have been changed. Here's a breakdown, all that I can remember.

Predator side armor changed from 12 to 11.

Obliterator toughness changed from 5 to 4(5), giving them daemonic aura.

Berserker Glaive is not allowed to be used with other modes of transportation like flight.

Tzeentch Lords are fearless just like the rest of the cult-marked characters.

Actually I have the 2nd printing and these are all there anyway, I think you are talking about the changes from 1st to 2nd printing, however there are more changes from 2nd to 3rd

AdmiralGrave
11-09-2006, 19:35
Sorry guys but i just had to sig the typo too funny and I not even sure which printing mine is.

lomo
11-09-2006, 19:47

LOL. Its not like I can't afford it, its just I dont really wish to buy it if the only changes are to fix typo's. Unless there are some major rule or stat changes I really dont fancy spending 12 on something i dont need.

BrainFireBob
11-09-2006, 19:50
In answer to the Glaive question:

No.

One of the reprintings changed the Glaive to not being allowed any alternate movement modes in combination.

UltimateNagash
11-09-2006, 20:42
Sorry guys but i just had to sig the typo too funny and I not even sure which printing mine is.

Same here. By the way, you might want to sort out your HTML for your sig, as at the moment, it doesn't work properly.
The reason it's not working is when ending the quote, you need to do this: [/quote]
EDIT: BTW, is it a good idea to get the third edition when you have the first edition Codex?