PDA

View Full Version : TheWarSmith's Slaaneshi bretonnians

TheWarSmith
11-09-2006, 06:20
So, for those of you that read the fantasy forums, you may have read my army idea for Slaaneshi Bretonnians. They're Bretonnians who have been seduced/corrupted by Slaanesh. Not going into details, as this is the P/T forum.

The idea is to use a lot of dark elf/chaos parts to make them look slaaneshi, then follow it up with lots of purple/pink/black and other misc. pale colours. Here is a converted standard bearer who may or may not become a BSB.

Please don't comment on the fact that the Slaanesh symbol on the knights shield(not the standard) is incorrect. I am aware of this. I'm aiming to paint most of the knights with this barding scheme, but putting the pink/black in different portions of the model(back/front, sides, quarters, etc.)

Anyway, here's the test model. Forgive the crappy pictures, they're from my girlfriend's webcam. Taking a look at the pictures, everything is reversed(shield on wrong side, slaanesh symbols pointing left, not right, etc.) How did that happen?

beefpizza
11-09-2006, 16:36
nice! I love the crappy pics!

bobert the great clen one
11-09-2006, 16:52
beef pizza nice waste of bandwith

Lady Hope
11-09-2006, 17:00
Warsmith: I really like the idea! But sadly those pictures don't make it possible to see what you actually mean. Would it be possible to see some better pics?

Gekiganger
11-09-2006, 17:31
Anyway, here's the test model. Forgive the crappy pictures, they're from my girlfriend's webcam. Taking a look at the pictures, everything is reversed(shield on wrong side, slaanesh symbols pointing left, not right, etc.) How did that happen?

There's an option on the webcame saying 'Mirror my image' or somthing to that effect. You need o turn that off ;)

Can't comment on the army due to the blurry pics so make sure you get some better ones if possible :)

TheWarSmith
11-09-2006, 17:45
urrr, i guess I can determine what they look like because I know how they look in real life. I've got so much on my list to buy, I'm not sure if i can add a digital camera to the list.

Rich 123
11-09-2006, 18:06
Unfortunately I can only really make out that they are Brettonians with some Slaaneshi symbols on them. I cna make out nothing of the paint job nor any of the conversions (if there are) so unfortunately it makes it pretty pointless commenting on the pics. Using some sort of flat colour behind the mini will, maybe, help a little instead of that cushion, which is also hard to make out properly!

You really do need to get better pictures if you intend to keep posting them Im afraid, much as you can tell what they look like from real life, no one esle can make out anything much!

Good luck with the project however,
Dicky

TheWarSmith
26-09-2006, 04:04
Here are some pictures of the Lord. Much better quality, taken with a dig cam, but perhaps I could use some work(had to borrow the camera though)

Anyway, here he is. His side shields will most likely have Slaanesh symbols on them, but I'm building up my freehand skills before I tackle that.

TheWarSmith
26-09-2006, 04:04
more that wouldn't fit

TheWarSmith
30-09-2006, 05:21
BUMP. Feedback please?

EmperorsChamp01
30-09-2006, 06:31
well the camera seemed to focus really well on the cardboard box. Try putting them in front of and ontop of something white. But from the looks he looks kool!

Ornithoticus
30-09-2006, 14:44
loooking realy good, had an almoist identical idea for my slaanesh knights :D

TheWarSmith
30-09-2006, 20:32
Feel free to copy. The model went very smoothly. The only thing that I ran into was the head being too small and the pose of the halberd.

I fixed the head by working GS conically into a mane to meet up with the head. I think it went well because it also makes his mount larger and have more to it.

For the halberd, I glued it on then ranked him and realized he was never going to want to rank anywhere but the far right, and his shield plus lances on models to his left prevented that, so I moved the halberd arm forward and pinned it, then GSed the small gap it left.

Still wondering what I should put on his horse tabard(if that's the right name). Ideas so far are kill markings(like the other knights), Slaanesh symbols(either GS or painted) or something else. I took a look at the water transfer slaanesh symbols, and they're pretty small and crappy.

Also considering painting his plume 2 different colours(black/white?) but not sure how it would look. Any suggestions? I'll try to get pics of a unit up when I'm done.

beefpizza
01-10-2006, 16:09
Maybe instead of a symbol you could paint a simple or ornate pattern in the heraldry. I'm not quite sure what butyou could do swirels of something.

sephiroth87
02-10-2006, 18:08
If you've got the ability, draw a daemonette.

TheWarSmith
02-10-2006, 18:46
i'm trying to paint swhirls on it like this. I tried it w/ a spotter brush, i'm gonna paint over and get an paint pen.

TheWarSmith
16-10-2006, 00:20
Ok, since zombie pirates don't seem attainable due to cost and lack of availability, I'm going to base them off of plague monks. Thank you beef pizza for the suggestion.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99120206004&orignav=301041&ParentID=254977&GameNav=13&ItemNav=301639

I want to have them chaining down a daemonhost(from 40k) as well. I'd also need shields.

The_Hrud
16-02-2007, 16:05
would you use the bretonian rules or chaos?

Boss_Salvage
16-02-2007, 16:56
Uh, wow that's some threadnomancy skillz Hrud :wtf:

All the same, I missed this the first time around! I like the lord a lot, and the wood elf hood head (right?) looks quite cool on the bret model. Hope you've got some progress for us after so long??

- Salvage

KUMA
06-10-2008, 02:59
actually warsmith linked this in another post recently, not really his fault on the thread-o-mancy