PDA

View Full Version : Impressed

synapse
11-09-2006, 17:41
well i was handed a BoSK box earlier on today to paint up for a mate of mine and i must say, i was seriously impressed by the models. i dont think i have ever seen plastic models with that level of detail. and those spider riders really are nice. Well chuffed. good work GW and for a reasonable price too

Steel_Legion
11-09-2006, 18:31
the dwarves? you liked them? from what i have seen they are ok at best, but not as good as the plastics you can get the now. i also liked the spider riders, shame the bounce of dwarves!

Dosadi
11-09-2006, 18:57
Well, yes the one piece plastic dwarfs from BoSP are not as nice as the multipart plastics. That's pretty much a given. However, they are really nice for filling out ranks and creating some diferent looking units. I don't really like the cannon or troll that comes with BoSP as much as the others. The plastic Night Gobbos are fantastic though! I just finished putting mine togeather and i can't wait to get the regiment set and fanatics to fill them out. So cool! I wasn't going to do an all Night Gobbo army, but I think I will have to now. They paint up really quick too. I painted upa test model in about 15 minutes.

Dosadi

DarkTerror
11-09-2006, 20:08
well i was handed a BoSK box earlier on today to paint up for a mate of mine and i must say, i was seriously impressed by the models. i dont think i have ever seen plastic models with that level of detail. and those spider riders really are nice. Well chuffed. good work GW and for a reasonable price too

BoSK? What is that?

That's not even close to Battle For Skull Pass, if that's what you meant.

truthsayer
11-09-2006, 20:12
Well, yes the one piece plastic dwarfs from BoSP are not as nice as the multipart plastics. That's pretty much a given. However, they are really nice for filling out ranks and creating some diferent looking units. I don't really like the cannon or troll that comes with BoSP as much as the others. The plastic Night Gobbos are fantastic though! I just finished putting mine togeather and i can't wait to get the regiment set and fanatics to fill them out. So cool! I wasn't going to do an all Night Gobbo army, but I think I will have to now. They paint up really quick too. I painted upa test model in about 15 minutes.

Dosadi

Isnt that the truth, i have finished painting over half of my boblins already and they do look really good. Ive ordered the army boxset but am not looking forward to having to glue all the parts on another 40 goblins.

Splagbot
11-09-2006, 21:06
The models aren't that good, but they certainly provide numbers, I'm swapping my Gobbos for more Dwarfs to get more Dwarfs and even if the models where utter crap theres always the Grudge Pony, classic.

zak
11-09-2006, 21:08
I can only imagine that you only painted the Gobbo's, because you can't be talking abaout the dwarves. I think overall that GW did well with the the boxed set, but were let down by some below par dwarves.

snurl
12-09-2006, 07:34
Anyone notice that the dwarves ARE the multipart models, just assembled with gaps filled and recast as one piece?
There are many similarities between them.
The thane's helmet horns are the firing hammers on the organ gun.
one of the dwarves looks a whole lot like the new metal runepriest.
and so on.
That's what disappointed me the most about them, their lack of being unique.
I was hoping for "new minis", which in a way they are, but just not quite what we expected.

Chris_Tzeentch
12-09-2006, 17:16
Melt the dwarves over a fire - turn them into pools of melted plastic goo. Best thing for them - its very entertaining too.