PDA

View Full Version : May be wrong place, but query about a WD number.

Multifarious
11-09-2006, 19:23
Can anyone remember the UK number for the issue of white dwarf with all of the cool hellpit stuff, like the different creatures, and special stuff for customising ratogres?

Frecus
11-09-2006, 19:37
Hmm... was reading it coupla nights ago...

Got it! UK WD 311.

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

Multifarious
11-09-2006, 19:41
Thanks, I love you, have lots of hugs. It was driving me absolutely nuts trying to find it, I was sure it was longer ago, then again 10 issues of white dwarf are almost a year. Jesus, I have 19 and a half years worth of WDs.

truthsayer
11-09-2006, 20:13
Thanks, I love you, have lots of hugs. It was driving me absolutely nuts trying to find it, I was sure it was longer ago, then again 10 issues of white dwarf are almost a year. Jesus, I have 19 and a half years worth of WDs.

Its nearly Bonfire Night! :D

gortexgunnerson
11-09-2006, 21:37
I have a a loads of Whote Dwarfs running from around 130 to about a year of 2 ago. I cant bring myself to throw them away even though I think having a go an confrontation again would fry my brain after 15 years of fantasy. Think their 27 ways of standing still and that might have been just for one type!

And remeber people back in my day when games were harder and models were tougher. .. . . .etc .... etc ..... etc ..... etc and then we used to go to missis miggins pie shop for a slap up binge ... . .. etc etc etc.

Actually thinking about it my white dwarfs are in storage in the garage so have probably been eaten or moulded to death by now. It has been 4 years since I went in that cupboard

Multifarious
11-09-2006, 22:22
Its nearly Bonfire Night! :D

Is this about the quality of White Dwarf in recent times? I don't fully understand what all the fuss is about. Yes, there is a good bit of focus on pictures of new models, but I don't see that as bad. Its a lovely glossy image of them, and rather nice to see. Some really nice articles as well, like the Zombie Pirates one, Hell pit one, Gnoblar one, and other ones as well. I still consider it a lovely Mag. Plus there is more modelling stuff in Black Gobbo.

I've heard a lot of abuse over the plastic giant, especially with the edition when it was released. Its rather a nice subject, as it can be a beautiful center point for many armies, and as a modelling project it is superb. The number of armies it can be taken for make it deserve some attention for me as well. With Orks, Chaos and Ogres all being able to take one normally as well as the following taking it as a dog of war its worth it for me to harp on a little. Empire, Tomb Kings, Dark Elves,Skaven,Vampire Counts. 8 armies able to have it is impressive (9 if you count DoW.)