PDA

View Full Version : the girlfriends slaanesh..for your critique!

leeoaks
11-09-2006, 19:56
this is my girlfriends work. she has only been painting for about 6 months! ive helped here and there but all the paintwork is off her hand!
lord...wip
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/leeoaks/slaanesh/holiday002.jpg
mounted daemonettes...wip
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/leeoaks/slaanesh/holiday005.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/leeoaks/slaanesh/holiday006.jpg
slaanesh sorcerer
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/leeoaks/slaanesh/holiday004.jpg

all help and encouragement is much appreciated...thanks lee and nay

KayvaanShrike
11-09-2006, 20:00
Those are awesome. Let her know she can be very proud of her efforts!! And only after 6 months of painting. Keep us posted of more stuff she does!

HiredSword.
11-09-2006, 20:01
damn they're looking good, the colour scheme is very nice aswell

any chance of a close up of the sorceror? The conversions on her look nice from what i can see.

noneedforaname
11-09-2006, 20:03
Well for sixth months, outstanding work.

Nice deep and warmth to the purple and not too much contrast so as to appear overbright.

One little comment on the mounted daemonettes would be to highlight the faces just a smidgen brighter than the rest of the model as this would provide a focal point for the model.

But on the whole cracking work, keep going and you will get even better, slowly expand your colour pallete as you seem to have blues purles and flesh tones sorted.

Gekiganger
11-09-2006, 20:06
Wow.

I put my hat on and take it off again to her. Fantastic job and paint scheme.
We going to be getting updates?

leeoaks
11-09-2006, 20:14
We going to be getting updates?
indeed i will update as she goes....this might give her a real reason to get painting!!!

noneedforaname
11-09-2006, 20:17
I find spanking to be a great motivator and fun too :)

edit: before you ask im not being sexist this method works especially well on GW staff members :)

Wolf Scout Ewan
11-09-2006, 20:20
Dammit... women do seem to have a natural ability with a brush and paints.

Very nice work leeoaks girlf!

Wallace
11-09-2006, 20:21
I find spanking to be a great motivator and fun too :)

edit: before you ask im not being sexist this method works especially well on GW staff members :)

lol ... I wondered why GW staff are always smiling! ;)

Melchiah
11-09-2006, 20:28
very nice, my gf is also in the currently working on a vampire counts army.
Cheers, to chick gamers ;)

chaos0xomega
11-09-2006, 21:27
DAMN! For sixth months she is already painting better than some of the Golden Daemon entries I have seen. If she keeps going she might be the greatest GD painter of all time!

KayvaanShrike
11-09-2006, 21:43
My gf isnt really interested in the hobby, but I did convince her to paint a spare space marine just for fun, an she has done an ok job lol. And she likes it so, what else matters. She named him "Marcus" lol

Stahlgeist
11-09-2006, 21:55
First off, the paint job is amazing. Very smoothly applied, nice color choices.

My only critique:
Don't they kind of look "nice" for Chaos? They look like really well-done High Elves to me. Does she do conversions as well? Maybe more "spikey-bits"?

primarch16
12-09-2006, 00:03
I love the purple, its blended really nicely.

Serpent
12-09-2006, 07:02
Great purple tone, wonderful bases, and good choice for Slaaneshi Sorceress. Keep painting and put us all to shame!

Serpent

Faeslayer
12-09-2006, 07:06
Beautiful.

Insane Psychopath
12-09-2006, 07:08
Got to say those are brilliant for 6 month in the hobby/painting. It tooken me 10 year to get as good as I am today :eek:

IP

tancrede
12-09-2006, 07:49
very nice colour scheme. i love your purple, man !

75hastings69
12-09-2006, 09:43
Excellent work! Much respect to your mrs, and in only 6 months!!!!

(my mrs painted a beastman ungor once - it was crap!)

leeoaks
12-09-2006, 10:09
Don't they kind of look "nice" for Chaos? They look like really well-done High Elves to me. Does she do conversions as well? Maybe more "spikey-bits"?

why is it alot of people think that chaos have to look evil in an obvious manner? they are slaanesh....how would they seduce you if they were butt ugly?

i understand you think what you think but background wise i think it makes sense that the beautiful prince of slaanesh is a bit of a ladies man!

also thanks for all the cracking replies! shes really chuffed at what youve all said....shes gonna be painting at double pace now!

Gekiganger
12-09-2006, 12:07
First off, the paint job is amazing. Very smoothly applied, nice color choices.

My only critique:

I like the lack of

'Muha! I am evil therfore must wear spikes! Curses, where are my stupid henchmen!'

GW seem to be trying to make their games more realistic. Looking like a saturday morning cartoon villain-Mega Goth crossover won't help.

One more thing...How many high elves wear black and purple armour while riding a booby worm? :wtf:

Edit: Who did those bases? They put mine to shame...

omricon
12-09-2006, 12:24
I like the models and love the colours. Well done.

Stahlgeist
12-09-2006, 20:35
I like the lack of

'Muha! I am evil therfore must wear spikes! Curses, where are my stupid henchmen!'

GW seem to be trying to make their games more realistic. Looking like a saturday morning cartoon villain-Mega Goth crossover won't help.

One more thing...How many high elves wear black and purple armour while riding a booby worm? :wtf:

I'm old, know what I like, and like what I know! ;)
And I happen to know High Elves ADORE booby worms.

leeoaks
13-09-2006, 19:48
the bases are done by me...however the next set to be posted are to be done by her....so watch this space!

Melchor
13-09-2006, 20:04
*Watches this space* :D

Seriously though, awesome paintjob for someone who has been painting for only 6 months. I wonder if I could paint like that, and I've been doing it for nearly 10 years. :)

You say she isn't into gaming right? Consider yourself lucky, because if she plays as good as she paints you'd probably be getting your ass handed to you regularly. :evilgrin:

leeoaks
13-09-2006, 20:17
i let her know whos boss every now and again with a good thrashing....she still has to learn alot with the painting but she now knows the methods for doing thing. its up to her how far she wants to take them i hope she makes my armies look crap and i think with more practice it could go that way!

angry_elves
13-09-2006, 20:52
i love the small trail of purple water (im assuming its water) you will have to convert her a pleasure seeker model (useing mounted deamonettes and the slaanesh lord)

ive got about 500 points of slaanes deamonettes they are awesome models i painted them the way they did it in the 40k codex

the white skin and pink arm thingys

i made a chariot with a dark elf chariot, deamonettes on steads and a pack of deamonettes i cut the deamonettes off the mounts and i used that whip hand as well

that cost me about $100 australian in total

leeoaks
13-09-2006, 21:10
thanks for all the advice....angry elves, could you just stick anything you want to say in a single post? thanks...lee

leeoaks
13-09-2006, 22:03
just edit a post already made....just stops the thread from getting long winded

Wintermute
13-09-2006, 22:10
sorry things come in dribs and drabs

It doesn't matter if they do, would you please edit your posts into one. Double posts are not welcome on WarSeer and are specifically outlawed in our Posting Guidelines, which can be found by clicking here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines). I suggest you take the time to read them.

Wintermute
The Warseer Inquisition

FalseAngel
19-09-2006, 03:40
Dang, just dang. Send her my regards as well, those are great.

FearFrost
19-09-2006, 05:19
Those are really nice.

My only bit of advice for her would be to try to work in a warm color when she has so many cold colors (purple, in this case) into the paintschemes of the models...it would really make them pop a lot more. They are a bit monochromatic right now, but they are painted VERY well...clean highlights, nice variations in the purple/violet tones.

Keep it up!

Ryss
19-09-2006, 21:21
Man... i mean... woman! That's ******* awesome! She makes me feel bad about how i paint... from now on, I am going to paint every day, taking atleast 24h a model to get them good looking... yeah right, I can always dream. :rolleyes:
Anyways, tell her to keep it up and come with updates soon!

... 6 months.... holy crap...

leeoaks
19-09-2006, 22:04
thanks for the replies she now has the biggest head in the world! just kidding....shes really chuffed!

n00bLord
22-09-2006, 03:52
.... I hate my lack of painting enthusiasm now. I've been in for three years and my skills are some what alright. Arg I need to paint more.

Awesome work by the way, tell her to keep it up.

Gekiganger
22-09-2006, 17:20
Bah! Get some more work up :p

Really like this army and considering I'm starting a mortals army at christmas I wana see more :)

Edit: How was the Lords armour done? Varnish?

crandall87
25-09-2006, 19:30
I speak for everyone when I say I wish I had a gf who painted at all let alone to that standard.

Eris
25-09-2006, 20:38
that feels like a warmly toned purple to me... very darkly feminine :evilgrin: for just 6 mths I'm heavily jealous, I just can't do 'evil' after seven years. :cries:

darn I'm using too many :evilgrin: atm but the lovely evil of Slaanesh deserves one! :evilgrin:

leeoaks
25-09-2006, 23:20
cheers...the painting i taking time as shes very new to it all....there is still the odd major error in mixings which is all part of the learning process but takes alot of time to paint it all well!
Edit: How was the Lords armour done? Varnish? just by layering the edges in progressive layers of lighter purples/pinks.

cheers guys

shes not only good at painting but also hot! i think ive hit the jackpot!

Adlan
26-09-2006, 10:22
Looks very good, but are you no worried about her choice of army? ;)

leeoaks
28-09-2006, 11:05
Looks very good, but are you no worried about her choice of army?

worried....nah.....this should be the army of every gf in the hobby! i'm sure i'm not the only one who would agree!