PDA

View Full Version : [1000pt] Nurgle Daemon Legion

Blackrock
11-09-2006, 21:09
Looking for ideas on running a daemonic legion of Nurgle -I'm thinking of something like the following to get me started - does it look alright to you guys?

Daemonic Herald w/ Plague Flail
14 Plaguebearers w/ Standard + Musician
10 Plaguebearers w/ Full Command
3 Plague Riders
Chariot of Nurgle

Tili
11-09-2006, 21:13
Is it wise to make a new army that isnt legal in 7th edition ?

The lists lookes nice though, That chaiot is one tough and hard hitting thing!

Blackrock
11-09-2006, 21:29
Oh, it isn't legal? That's news to me!

Voltaire
11-09-2006, 21:41
Daemonic Hordes with the units you describe are not UKGT legal. Otherwise its fine.

jahorin
11-09-2006, 22:29
it's not tournament legal but fully legal when you play with your friends.

gjnoronh
11-09-2006, 23:47
Actually it's tournament legal at any tournament outside of the UK GT. All other tourneys in the world are tournament organizers discretion just like Lustrian lists, DoW giants, Ogre Rhinox riders etc.

for more advice on your list consider posting it at www.thedaemoniclegion.com

For a collection of the discussion with the actual GW statements on SoC legality see here
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?showtopic=1655&st=135

It's a long thread but I linked to the actual GW GT posts

Tili
12-09-2006, 00:33
I was under the impression that with 7th edition all the SoC lists were no longer legal... hmmz, well my bad, my bad...

arkle
17-09-2006, 17:29
I don't have my choas books with me as i am trying to sell them but I'am nearly sure that you have to have an exalted deamon leading the army. It was certainly a downfall of my deamonic nurgle in small games at times.

Revlid
17-09-2006, 19:23
I was under the impression that with 7th edition all the SoC lists were no longer legal... hmmz, well my bad, my bad...

Psh. Tournament legal doesn't mean anything in a group with two Hellpit lists, a Zombie Pirate list and at least two Slayer players.

metro_gnome
17-09-2006, 19:48
even if the DL is legal where you are...
this list is not legal according to itz own rules...

it may not be led by a daemonic herald...
an exalted is necessary... and indeed with nurgle ideal...
stream of corruption and diabolic splendour... nasty... lvl 1 for some magik defense...

this means you should take something out...
the chariot is a slug... and crumples under S7 hitz like any other chariot... drop it...
i also suggest dropping the plague riders for more bearers and more importantly nurglings...
you can never have enough nurglings at 1K...

Tili
17-09-2006, 21:07
Psh. Tournament legal doesn't mean anything in a group with two Hellpit lists, a Zombie Pirate list and at least two Slayer players.

In the region I play warhammer, we never play appendix lists, white dwarf lists or Soc. just because its illegal at tourneys ...

And about those plaguebearers, they seem really good or is it just me ?