PDA

View Full Version : Rending Claws

Winterseve
12-09-2006, 00:47
Quick n00b question, Which claws are considered rending claws? I bought a nid stealer set and Im not sure which set of claws are the rending, the ones with multiple fingers on it or the ones that come to 3 points? Or does it matter?

Kegluneq
12-09-2006, 00:51
Pretty much no, Rules of Cool apply and your opponent will have a ton of questions about your army anyway. Probably best to try to be consistant nonetheless though.

Winterseve
12-09-2006, 00:51
Right on thanks

marv335
12-09-2006, 00:53
i thought all the 'stealers had rending claws anyway.

genestealer=rending.
can't get more wysiywg than that

Rpait
12-09-2006, 00:58
I agree with marv. They just have rending. Even if you put on the scything talons, they still have rending.

Stealers=rending.

jimmysnz
12-09-2006, 01:03
Rending claws are the ones that look like hands. They are on the bottom set of arms. Scything talons are the arms that end in blades.

Having said that, the rule of cool does apply, and if the majority of your squad have what you say they have and you dont change that else-where then its fine. Eg. if you had 2 squads of Genestealers, one with scything talons and one without, you would want to see a difference between the squads, even if it isn't the 'proper' models.

DarkstarSabre
12-09-2006, 01:03
Actually it's the ones with multiple fingers, the more human-ish hand that's considered rending. The same is true on the biomorph sprue for Tyranid warriors- the humanish hands are the rending claws. Of course as Genestealers get rending as standard there is no real confusion...but if you're thinking of using Stealer arms for Raveners to give them rending...I'd say keep the three-claw arms on the stealers and give the Raveners the hands.

n00bLord
12-09-2006, 02:05
I always thought the bigger ones are rending. The huge claws seem more suitable for punching through armor than those little finger nails.

Cap'n Umgrotz
12-09-2006, 02:16
Yeah me too! Piddly ickle fingers!

Winterseve
12-09-2006, 02:19
Actually it's the ones with multiple fingers, the more human-ish hand that's considered rending. The same is true on the biomorph sprue for Tyranid warriors- the humanish hands are the rending claws. Of course as Genestealers get rending as standard there is no real confusion...but if you're thinking of using Stealer arms for Raveners to give them rending...I'd say keep the three-claw arms on the stealers and give the Raveners the hands.

Heh, thats actually why I was asking. Thanks

Dais
12-09-2006, 03:11
genestealers are equipped with rending claws, that means to me that all four arms are rending. they dont have any other non-talon weapons so they must be rending.