PDA

View Full Version : All (or primarily) Gnoblar army impossible?

Brothermarcus
12-09-2006, 05:48
Hey all,

I want to field an army that uses 90% of its points on gnoblars - I know in Whitedwarf 303 (US) there were gnoblar specific rules for a renegade list but I'm not sure if these are approved, playtested rules. I know when I try to make an Ogre Kingdom army in Armybuilder it tells me I can't have more units of gnoblar fighters then I have units of Ogre Bulls, as well as it saying I need at least 1 unit of bulls.

My question is - how is it at all viable to do a Gnoblar army with the above limitations in mind...?

If anyone has the whitedwarf can you tell me if those rules are valid?

Thanks

~bm

AngelofSorrow
12-09-2006, 07:04
You have to have opponent permission to use it but in friendly games most people wouldnt mind id love to stop a bunch gnoblars into the ground

snurl
12-09-2006, 07:08
Yes, bring them by the boxfull!
You wont be able to use them at a grand tournament but anywhere else should be ok with opponent permission.

whiteshields1830
12-09-2006, 07:18
i would surely love to go against one...to see your oppoents face go mad painting all of them, and to see those units being turned to horrors by my tzeentch army...the joys *giggles*:D

skavenguy13
12-09-2006, 21:54
You need to use the gnoblar special list. And it seriously lacks power. But you won't run out of CR anytime soon!

Many choices are useless (cavalry, toad gnoblars, IMO manbiters) but a HUGE horde of fighters with few blood gnoblars and a massive unit of lucky gitz can be quite good. Slingers also seem like a very good choice if you have hills, or want to not move AT ALL and just stay behind them.

Gekiganger
12-09-2006, 21:58
Not sure if it would work but small units of ogres with large units of gnoblars (or even converted mega gnoblars using stone trolls :p) could keep the list legal even if it is a bit unwieldy.

asura
13-09-2006, 09:44
do you really like the gnoblars minis ???

m1s1n
13-09-2006, 18:04
Are there any Gnoblar characters? Or are they exclusively on the special list?

It sounds more gimmicky than plausible. I think you could spend your time working on a balanced force that would be more interesting to play.

Gorbad Ironclaw
13-09-2006, 19:39
There are no gnoblar characters outside of the special gnoblar list.

Really. A better way to do it would be to make a Goblin army. And if you really like the gnoblar models(I can't imagine why), just use them instead of goblin models. Give you a whole range of troop types and different options too.

The Dark One
09-10-2006, 22:43
i have a gnobla army using the white dwarf list. it's a fun army to use and a lot of fun making the units. i have played loads of games with them and only lost 2 of them (one was because my oppenent went about 300pts over with his Knorne army and i nearly drew) even came in the top five in a cell tournament

if you want to do a gnobla army it's best to use the list in white dwarf

slingers in my oppion are rubbish, the best victory points i have scored in one game with them is 50pts and that was a great eagle

TheWarSmith
09-10-2006, 22:45
I second the suggestion of using goblin rules. It'd make the list 100% playable, both in a rules sense as well as a performance sense.