PDA

View Full Version : Psychic costs

AtlantianWarrior
12-09-2006, 22:52
Who pays the most for psychic powers?

TwilightOdyssey
12-09-2006, 23:08
There are a couple of psychic powers in the current Eldar codex that are very pricey!

mooserehab86
13-09-2006, 02:05
It seems to me that every army with access to psychic powers has some cheap ones, and some expensive ones. I don't know if you can say that one army "pays more" than the others, because typically you get what you pay for - more expensive powers are more effective. It's not like one army pays more points than the others for the same power.

AtlantianWarrior
13-09-2006, 02:39
The GK costs run from 10 to 20 points. Only three of them are ment to be used against daemons the others can be used against anything. the SM have FoA and for what it can do is cheap. I am wondering if the psychic powers cost is relative to the point cost.

Chem-Dog
13-09-2006, 04:35
Comparing costs across the different codexes is highly subjective, anything in a Codex is costed according to it's usefulness to that particular army.
Some psychic powers will be little more than weapon equivalents and others will enhance models/units in some way, personally I think the powers which enhance units can potentially be the most useful in the game although their effects may not be as apparent as the simple "Splat that unit" powers.

leonmallett
13-09-2006, 08:40
Worse than comparing costs of psychic powers is to compare psykers. Check out a Runepriest with force weapon (with choice of 1 power) versus new SM Librarian.

Lastie
13-09-2006, 08:52
I belive Librarians and Tzeentch Sorcerers tie for the most expensive Psychic Powers at twice a Marine, but Librarians can opt to choose their powers for cheaper.

Ravenheart
13-09-2006, 10:27
Most likely Inquisitors, taking into account that any perils of the warp roll means almost certain death to them.