PDA

View Full Version : Warseer Members' Campaign.

IncubiLord
13-09-2006, 05:57
We've got a group together in the Fall of Medusa V area of these forums who are interested in running a narrative campaign of our own for the members of Warseer (and maybe some of our sister forums).

So, now that we're actually working on a basic story, it's time to drum up support.

Assuming that you aren't required to play against other members of Warseer (not all of us are surrounded by other members), who's interested?

Any questions, concerns or suggestions are welcome.

Reflex
13-09-2006, 07:28
i am up for some imperial guard style shot stories. i would like to have my made up guard do some damage on the world of Medusa V.

IncubiLord
13-09-2006, 07:29
Any tabletop game in the 40K universe would be allowed.

The system may yet be ironed out to make these games important to certain sub-plots as well.

EDIT: The setting is not the Medusa system, I see that I worded my statement badly. We organized our group in the FoMV section of these forums.

Ixajin
13-09-2006, 14:01
I would love to take part and look forward to doing so.

Emresh
13-09-2006, 22:13
Just making sure everyone sees this and gets a chance to vote.

I'm obviously in. ;)

Easy E
13-09-2006, 22:45
I'm in like flynn.

Sniper Kelly
13-09-2006, 23:17
Me too, Med V ended too soon for me!

RampagingRavener
13-09-2006, 23:24
I do like writing stories, but I'd want to check out exactly what it is I'd be getting into first. Quick question-will this Campaign, if it comes together, involve much of the behind-the-scenes alliances, politics, and the like that Medusa V did?

IncubiLord
14-09-2006, 00:04
Do you want it to?

We'd definitely like to see reasons for infighting, and that would be politics, but I'm not sure how behind-the-scenes we would want alliances.

You can bet that we will try to make sub-plots work in a manner which incorporates more foreshadowing, but we're not going to just tell you what the other faction is doing either...

RampagingRavener
14-09-2006, 00:19
Do you want it to?

Basically, if its anything like the skullduggery that was going on in the Dark Eldar camp, hell yes. That was probably the best part of Medusa V-the behind the scenes plotting and schemeing was probably just as, if not more, entertaining than actually playing the games.

UnRiggable
14-09-2006, 00:40
I do enjoy short stories and especially writing them but I promise me you are indifferent. I don't play very often either.

IncubiLord
14-09-2006, 00:49
Even if one of us did have a bias, we have a fair number of people who will help run things and keep each other in check.

As far as not playing often goes, we're thinking about limiting players to reporting only 2-3 games a week, so that shouldn't be much or a problem.

UnRiggable
14-09-2006, 00:56
sweet, and make it so larger points battles dominate. should we PM you to sign up.

IncubiLord
14-09-2006, 01:01
Not quite yet.

We're still working out the details of our system and we'll make another announcement when it's ready so that we can get everybody signed up. This thread is to help us determine how many players are interested and to get the idea out there.

Hopefully, the system will be ready by the end of the month.

Hand of Death
14-09-2006, 01:41
I think it's a great idea and would participate if i werent going to be away for the next 9 months. I think warseer should have annual campaigns that last longer then the GW ones.

AtlantianWarrior
14-09-2006, 02:55
Would there be a reason that the Ordo Malleus would be there?

IncubiLord
14-09-2006, 05:12
There would indeed be reasons for the Inquisition to be present, though they may not be quite as large a write up as the main factions.

I can say even now that there's something big and nasty for the Daemonhunters to be concerned with...

AtlantianWarrior
14-09-2006, 14:07
Hmmm. I might have to get into this.

synapse
14-09-2006, 16:43
Im in. though would any armies predominate over others or would it be ala FoMIV?

The Song of Spears
14-09-2006, 16:46
If this is open to all members, even non-paying ones i am in, i love writing up campaigns.

however unlike medusa, i strongly suggest, only one game can be recorded per indiviual per day ( none of this "i won my main game today and i participated in 10 other games and won those too, thus i got 11 wins for today" bull)

oh and i am sure you will have a map of the campaigns progress, ja? if not, i may be able to provide one

AtlantianWarrior
14-09-2006, 18:38
The Song of Spears
however unlike medusa, i strongly suggest, only one game can be recorded per indiviual per day ( none of this "i won my main game today and i participated in 10 other games and won those too, thus i got 11 wins for today" bull)

I am with you on this. There was a person that at the time had 91 games. I did the math that was 1 1/2 games a day. Thats insane. Odds are that I will join. I will see if I can get some of my buddys to join also.

The Song of Spears
14-09-2006, 19:48
Thanks for the acknowledgement :)

I think that as long as it is clearly stated how to post, what to post and where to post, the campaign will be mostly in the hands of people updating the map and consolodating the war reports to make a cohesive plot. So for them it might be a bit of work, but otherwise i see no reason why this shouldn't work.

UnRiggable
14-09-2006, 21:09
yeah make a good map, with regions and such. OR make it large scale and use those space ship models (of which i forget the names)

IncubiLord
15-09-2006, 00:18
Im in. though would any armies predominate over others or would it be ala FoMIV?
We would like to avoid having any one army being the dominant power in the campaign, and are looking at factors that will make the numbers of players for a faction less important than their faction's performance.

If this is open to all members, even non-paying ones i am in, i love writing up campaigns.
Well, with non-paying members running the thing we aren't likely to say we're not allowed to play. ;)

however unlike medusa, i strongly suggest, only one game can be recorded per indiviual per day
We've been talking about setting a limit between 2 and 4 reports per week. Most people can't even game daily, I'd imagine.

oh and i am sure you will have a map of the campaigns progress, ja? if not, i may be able to provide one
Vemetric has volunteered to do up the maps for us. If this doesn't work out, though, we'll keep you in mind.

The Song of Spears
15-09-2006, 15:29
Cool, sounds good. Just let me know if you need anything else :)