PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Red wuns go fasta

geoffkemp
13-09-2006, 09:30
From a background perspective, do WHFB orcs believe that "red wuns go fasta" like their 40k counter-parts do ?? I`m working on a WHFB battle Orc and Goblin army, though am waiting to for the new army book to be released, and in doing so am getting some painting done, and planning on giving my chariot and spear-chukka-spears a red paint job, just wondered if they did and if there were any references to this

TIA

Hideous Loon
13-09-2006, 09:33
No, I don't think they do. It's one of the things that make the 40k Orks what they are.

Jedi152
13-09-2006, 09:33
You can do it as an in-joke, but there is no reference to it in WFB; probably because there are no motorised vehicles! It's hard to make a boar run faster unless you give it a good proddin'.

Voltaire
13-09-2006, 09:48
It's hard to make a boar run faster unless you give it a good proddin'.

Oh Matron!

Red Paint jobs make Orks push trucks to the extreme and make them more reckless drivers. Red Boars would probably do little more than make the poor boar headbutt a mirror when it see's itself.

Eldacar
13-09-2006, 14:43
It's hard to make a boar run faster unless you give it a good proddin'.
You could model a red cloth in front of it's eyes and dress it up in red gear.

squiggoth
13-09-2006, 14:58
IIRC, in third edition WHFB Orc and Goblin chariots gained +1" to their movement for free when they were painted red. That was when there was a paint called 'Go Fasta Red' as well.

If you like the idea, just paint them 7th edition chariots red. It looks rather funky (if you like old school paint jobs ;)).

geoffkemp
13-09-2006, 18:34
more a question of curiousity from a 40k player making the leap to WHFB. just wondered really, was planning on painting them a dull red.

Rathgar
13-09-2006, 18:47
Superstitions and traditions probably vary greatly between greenskin tribes, so why not? Just because it’s not universally stated that they as it across the board, doesn’t me your boyz don’t.

Jedi152
14-09-2006, 08:10
That's what i meant. Do it for an in-joke, but don't expect your opponent to allow you to add 2" onto your movement because of it.