PDA

View Full Version : Do the Gods love you?

DigitsDavid
13-09-2006, 11:44
If I knew how to post a poll I would!

Do the Gods look favourably on your dice rolls? I ask this because despite all the facts pointing to the randomness of throws, it is very apparent that some individuals are cursed to throw badly, whilst others, including myself, just seem to always pull a six out of the bag whenever it's needed.

I'm not complaining, but after a while, I get the impression that oponents start to get a little shirty, and it can be embarrasing!

I've been playing games for years and consider myself to be a reasonable tactician, but having this edge ceratinly helps me to more wins than losses.

Having posted this now, I'll probably displease the Gods and my throws will be pants from now on!

How do you consider yourself

a) The Gods love me
b) The Gods revel in my misery
c) The Gods are indifferent to me
d) Other (please explain)

RampagingRavener
13-09-2006, 11:51
I actually tend to be quite lucky. Not stupidly lucky, but I pass a few more 6+ saves than I should do, and don't fail as many 2+ saves as I should.

Blagrot Squigbreff
13-09-2006, 11:58
Other - The Gods are truely random. I rarely roll anything close to average if I roll 20 dice needing 4's I will pass 5 or 15 never 10, I will roll double 1 five turns running to move in difficult terrain:cries: then pass 9 5+ saves in one round of combat:D . In short I have no idea what the dice will do but I've learned to like them, cos it's always intresting.

Carousel
13-09-2006, 11:58
I haven't played in ages, but I remember when I did:

Tankbustas destroyed a vehicle every turn;
Ordnance never scattered, even guess range;
I usually got a 4+ on pentetrating hit table;
Obliterators failed their 2+ save a lot;
Flamers would toast pretty much every ork they touched, even though they only wound on 4's....

I guess it balances.

Never use black dice: they are cursed!

Reflex
13-09-2006, 12:11
the dice gods... yes helklo dice god 1, who seems to favour me when rolling to hit and wound and take armour/ cover/ invulnerable saves, oh and hello to you to mr dice god 6, who favours me durung Ld tests.

WHENS MY TIME EH? when is my time to get good rolls.

Gen.Steiner
13-09-2006, 12:12
B. Lady Luck really, really hates me. :cries:

AtlantianWarrior
13-09-2006, 12:18
I would say that I am other. I can shoot 16 times with my storm bolters and hit 12 or better shots. Rolling to wound I get between 5 and 8 wounds. Then I only kill no more then 3 if I am lucky. As for my armour saves well.......that is random.

There is a SM player that is like you where if he needs to roll a 6 to not take a wound most of the time he rolls it. It does get annoying after awhile.

Darkseer
13-09-2006, 12:19
B. Lady Luck really, really hates me. :cries:

She divorced me long ago -bitch! :rolleyes:

FoolsJourney
13-09-2006, 12:21
Is it really that way though, or is it just more evident when it falls at one extreme of the probability range? Will a pessimist be more likely to notice the times luck doesn't go his way, whereas the optimist would see the opposite.

I recently played against a guy who managed to roll every shoot to hit and wound successfully for 2 turns, then bemoaned that I made slightly higher than average save rolls.

On the other hand, a Dark Elf playing friend can always be relied on to fail 4 out of 5 2+ saves, and get double 6s on his leaderships but nothing above double 2s to run away.

Sinedia
13-09-2006, 12:25
Even though I commit myself to a half an hour of worship to the Dice Spirits before every day of gaming I always seem to have displeased them...

AventineCrusader
13-09-2006, 12:26
Usually I'm an A type.

If I'm attacking with rending then there will be the same number of sixes as there are enemy troops, usually. Whats that? Seven 6's out of fourteen attacks? Amazing! Except not really because that happens just about every time!

Crusader

Brother_Falco
13-09-2006, 12:28
The Emperor (sporadically) protects His loyal servants of the Night Wardens Chapter. Mostly His benevolent hand shelters His servant Captain Falco, otherwise known as 'that beardy little bastard who passes every invulnerable save he is called to make', while everyone else routinely fails their armour saves and to-wound rolls.

Scythe
13-09-2006, 12:29
I am average. I have had my fair share of lucky rolls, and also some quite crappy ones.

Venomizer
13-09-2006, 12:34
I'm about average with my dicerolls.............even though more often then not she forsake's me :(

Kamin_Majere
13-09-2006, 12:39
I would say the dice gods favor me. Honestly i owe alot of my wins to the sheer amount of great dice rolls that i can pull out sometimes. I'm a good player, i've been playing long enough that i should be at this point, but theres alot to be said about being 'better lucky than good' when it comes to games like this.

Though i have at times angered the gods, i have killed a farseer in one turn with 2 perils and a failed jet bike DT check, i have missed all but 3 shots with 13 starcannon toting wraithlords (in a 30K game) in one turn, once over the corse of 8 turns shot a total of 42 bright lance shots at a land raider and still failed to kill it, i have also lost a howling banshee exarch in combat to a single fire warrior (that was embarassing)

I guess it all evens out in the end and you only remember the spectacularly good rolls or the spectacularly bad rolls, and never remember when you roll dead average

(Evil)Ash
13-09-2006, 13:42
I've come to know the gods hate my guts. I seem to roll high for morale checks and low for the rest:eyebrows: there's is also evidence I infect other people with my curse, so now they refuse to use my dice and I'm not allowed to use theirs.
there's also a saying here in holland which says that if your not blessed in the games your blessed with love. and in that I'm living proof that's a load of :eek:.

greetz,:evilgrin:

Goq Gar
13-09-2006, 14:09
They love me when it doesnt matter.

Hey, go roll your leadership on your LD10 stubborn unit! wow... 2... you could have used that when I was ripping apart your Infantry with my bezerkers! :D

Vanger
13-09-2006, 14:27
For myself the dice Gods don't favour me, but the ones who keep an eye on my dice rolls, must have slept on statistics lessons, because I roll all my 4+ with 66% success and my 3+-es with only 50% success... weird :skull:

On the other hand one of my opponents girlfriend... she's favoured of the Gods. 6 6s from 8 asscannon shots. It made me almost cry.

On the other hand, one of my gaming buddies can rol sooo many 1s! Half of his dice come up always with ones.

ViewFinder
13-09-2006, 15:30
Let me see...
Last game... I made about 250 rolls during the game and ended up something like 150 ones. This is worst resault I have ever archieved, and more often dice god's doesn't favour me, excpect 'the god of the skill of rolling ones on each test you are calles upon to make.'
And many times my terminators have died on lasgun, laspistol, shotgun, and every poor weapon in the game, but when they are being shot by earthshaker, starcannon, lascannon, plasma, railguns etc. They always, always pass their tests, yet I haven't lost them anything what ignores their 2+ save, but lose them only saves made againts lasguns etc.

hereticdave
13-09-2006, 17:06
frankly no - my dice are tainted :(

Unplugged
13-09-2006, 17:41
A friend of mine makes about all his 3+ saves for his Templars. Don't get me started about his Termis... that 5+ feels like a 3+.

Our Eldar player hat incredibly bad luck for 2 years - then it suddenly stopped (he uses the same dice). Wierd, now he's rolling pretty average. Still loses often. :P

The only Unit that makes me roll wierd stuff are my Tornado Land Speeders - either I get somthing like 6 wounds, or my to-hit rolls are 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1.

mooserehab86
13-09-2006, 18:09
I think that rather than me being lucky all the time, certain armies/units of mine are luckier than other. My WH tend to pass more saves than any of my other armies as a whole. My 3 Tyranids warriors with twin-linked devourers are incredible effective, as they usually get more hits and wounds than they should, even with rerolls. On the other hand, my broodlord seems to be fond of dying in cc against things that he has no right to be losing to.

Scythe
13-09-2006, 19:15
A friend of mine makes about all his 3+ saves for his Templars. Don't get me started about his Termis... that 5+ feels like a 3+.

Our Eldar player hat incredibly bad luck for 2 years - then it suddenly stopped (he uses the same dice). Wierd, now he's rolling pretty average. Still loses often. :P

The only Unit that makes me roll wierd stuff are my Tornado Land Speeders - either I get somthing like 6 wounds, or my to-hit rolls are 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1.

I know a guy who always rolls most of his 3+ and 5+ saves, while sucking at rolling 2+, 4+ or 6+.

No wonder his favorite troops are bloodletters....

Helicon_One
13-09-2006, 21:04
The dice love my Orks when they shoot, but hate my Tau when they have armour saves to make. Swings and roundabouts.

Tim

xibo
13-09-2006, 21:13
... since my army worships the god of change, i am rewarded with dice rolls that couldn't be more random.
if my army doesn't worship him, it always gets the laser syndrome: the lasGUNs always hit while the lasCANNONS and multilasers never do.

primarch16
13-09-2006, 21:44
The Emperor protects :).

UnRiggable
13-09-2006, 22:31
I always pass 5+ saves, and I always beat 3+ saves (as in I kill marines easily, opponents never pass saves)

Baneboss
13-09-2006, 22:50
Are you saying my dice are bad? Why? I always pass my LD test with them :)

Warlord Kyle
14-09-2006, 03:24
With nids the dice gods 80% of the time allow me to hit but im lucky if i get a single rending hit the entire game...:(

Forces Unknown
14-09-2006, 03:50
I typically have average luck unless I need something important to go my way, then I become one of the luckiest guys around.

Two games ago a tooled up Daemon Prince charged my lines on the first turn, on course to rip my tanks and Guardsmen to bits without opposition. I charged a squad of Guardsmen in, I rolled brilliantly, hitting with 16 attacks on a 5+, scoring four wounds and the Chaos player failed all his 3+ saves. Goodbye Daemon Prince.

The very next game, in a team battle when I was allied with Imperial Fists, the Dark Eldar player charged his Archon, Incubi Master and six Incubi into an Imperial Fist Terminator Squad again on the first turn. 3 Terminators died and the other two held. I charged a squad of Guardsmen in to slow their advance, while the Fists player prepares a counter-attack. The counter-attack was unneeded, however as the Dark Eldar player concrenrated all his attacks on the Terminators, not seeing the Guardsmen a threat and killing them. The Incubi and their Master were then all killed by the Guardsmen in hand-to-hand and the Archon fled for his life and was auto-killed by an autocannon shot by the same Guardsmen squad in my shooting phase - the Archon getting a one for his Shadow Field save.

n00bLord
14-09-2006, 04:01
My rolls are magnificent until it gets to armor penetration of tanks and the like. Or that lone warrior coming head long to get revenge. For several games I rolled only 3's on armor penetration. Dubya Tee EFF! Dice gods hate me most when I wana shank a vehicle

Chem-Dog
14-09-2006, 04:36
The gods love me.

I make a surprising amount of Morale checks with my guard and my to hit ratio is usually far above what could be considered the norm BUT the gods love my foer too, he makes a good 90% of his saves and has the world's only hyperactive Obliterators, only once have I seen them roll less than a 5 for their Slow and Purposeful move and even then they rolled a 4.

Reflex
14-09-2006, 07:21
ok i just rolled 6 diec here is what i got: 1,2,1,3,1,4. and again: 1,4,5,3,2,1. and again: 2,3,6,4,1,1.

out of 18 i got 1 six when i should have got at least 3, boo hoo. i got 7 ones, thats more than 1 third!

DAMN DICE GODS!!!!!!!!!!!

this is about my rolling in a normal game. i dont know how i win sometimes.